The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

scho

Took my old IR converted Canon 350D out of the closet for a walk. Sensor is really getting grungy and I think there is fungus growing between the IR filter and the sensor (see black gunk bottom center in first image). Need to get sensor cleaned up so I have less spotting work to do in PS. The sensor does resolve fine detail much better with the AA filter pack removed. All of these with the EF 50mm f/1.4 at f/8, hand held.

mark1958

I got back from a work meeting in Nova Scotia. I had some free time. I brought my Canon 5DII and 24-105, 24mm TSEII,70-200/4L IS, Gitzo tripod. I wanted to get all my work, clothes, and camera gear as carryon so that is all I could bring. Remember the photography was my secondary goal. The different boat shots were taken near the Peggys Cove, Blue Rock areas. The cathedral was in Lundenberg. I made it as far as Sheet Harbor one day and Lundenberg the other free time I had. Beautiful area. I think the foliage will be better in a week or two.

scho

Thanks Jack. Live view on the 5D2 is very nice for composing shots like this on a tripod.

Carl