The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Riley

MG Boat Tail Special:
5D and Contax Vario Sonnar 28-70 1/250th, F5.6, ISO640 panned

and on the run into that shot

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I had a request for a large print from an older image of mine, one taken with the Canon 1Ds mk 1. It had been a few years since I had last processed it, so I decided to work it up with the newest version of C1. What a difference a few years of raw converter upgrades can make! Detail is impressive and u allowed me to easily uprez for a print at 24 inches that looks great. Basic work on this was done in C1/5, then some localized edits in CS. Have to say once again I am very impressed with C1.

Ben Rubinstein

I had a request for a large print from an older image of mine, one taken with the Canon 1Ds mk 1. It had been a few years since I had last processed it, so I decided to work it up with the newest version of C1. What a difference a few years of raw converter upgrades can make! Detail is impressive and u allowed me to easily uprez for a print at 24 inches that looks great. Basic work on this was done in C1/5, then some localized edits in CS. Have to say once again I am very impressed with C1.

What are you using to uprez these days Jack? Your uprez method of old or something else?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What are you using to uprez these days Jack? Your uprez method of old or something else?
Hi Ben,

I am still using my uprez method of old: Uprez to 20% larger than target via bicubic smoother, then downrez to target via bicubic sharper... I find that as long as the original conversion is optimal, then my method works as well or better than GF.

My point with this older image was that C1/5 pulled more detail of the original than whatever I last used -- which could have been C1 3.8 or LR/ACR, I don't recall. C1/5 also rendered superior color to my eyes, but that could just be me getting better at it ;)

Cheers,