The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

J

jto555

I photographed Sean, who is a friend of mine. The camera was a 5D Mark ii with a 16 ~ 35mm Canon lens at about 28mm.

Last edited:

bensonga

Time for an update......

I bought a 7D a couple days ago (couldn't resist the $100 rebate on the body and the $400 rebate on a Pixma Pro9000 MkII printer).

So far, I'm very happy with the 7D. Nice to have the extra resolution.

Gary

This image was taken with the 85mm f1.8 lens.

Yuri

Please to your attention two photos from my last. EOS 60D,18 -55IS II
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

Douglas Benton

I spent the better part of yesterday behind the camera, which means I've spent
the better part of today in front of the computer. I'm at the point I'm not sure what I like anymore. I need to look at something other than pixels for a while.
But before I go, I need some opinions, Better A or better B?
Doug

DHart

I spent the better part of yesterday behind the camera, which means I've spent
the better part of today in front of the computer. I'm at the point I'm not sure what I like anymore. I need to look at something other than pixels for a while.
But before I go, I need some opinions, Better A or better B?
Doug
They're both cool. My opinion is go for "C"... blend them together! :)

If it were my image, I'd render it with very muted color... like a very old, faded color print. And I'd probably add some texture and gnarly edges. But hat's just my vision for that image... what's your vision tell you?

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This is my first picture here.
Canon 5D Mark II with 14mm f/2.8
ISO 800, Exposure 108 sec, f/2.8
Mount Evans, Idaho Springs, CO

bensonga

One more with the 7D....and 50mm f2.5 macro lens.

Ship Creek at high tide with the Port of Anchorage in the background. Autumn, late afternoon light.

arild

>A small collection of the only semi-usable shots from Båtsfjord, Finnmark, Norway (70.5 degrees north), wherein I spent the weekend with fiancee and kid.

These are shot around a small fishing community in this village, but countering the trend of other such small places in Northern Norway, this is on the rise, both regarding population and economy.

Driving into Hamna, another abandoned village. Practically no roads beyond this point, but if you look closely, you´ll see a house and a dock on the other side of the fjord. People lived there until the 70s. Tough, hard people indeed..

Sun is setting, same road

Abandoned

More abandoned (creative with the titles, I know)

Outside the livingroom window in Båtsfjord

There are one or two of these I´ll consider hanging on the wall in a largeish format, but what do you guys think? All shot on a 1D mkII/24 f/1.4 combo.

bensonga

I like those images very much Arild....I get a very strong sense of the place from these shots. Nicely done.

I'm still testing the 7D I purchased a few weeks ago. Here are a couple taken today, when I was out for a walk during a lunch break. One thing I'm finding is that the JPG images really don't look very impressive, so I'm having to work everything up from the Raw files. In the past, with my D60, 20D, 40D, 5D and 1D Mark II the JPG files seemed to be good enough that I would only work an image up from the Raw file if I wanted to print it. Not sure what's going on here with the 7D....may need to play around with the settings.

Gary

Both shot with the 7D and EOS 50mm f2.5 macro.

Last edited:

arild

First one is very lovely, Gary. Russian orthodox church? It´s funny, though, how those two photographs belong together, shape wise.

arild

LSL: In one word, "wow". That´s a beautiful photo on so many levels, and that´s an area I´d really love to visit one day.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Thank you Arild for your kind words! We just had a 2-week road trip in CA last summer. Those areas (Big Sur, Yosemite and etc) are just unbelievable.
I love your 2nd and 4th pictures!
Gary.. The picture of the car and branch is great.

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 14mm
ISO 1600; Exposure 30 sec; f/2.8
Light painting

Pramote