The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

T.Karma

Reason I asked is because he's standing before the Peace Garden.

This is what I call a really lucky shot. It touches more layers of consciousness the longer I look at it.

Gosh. We are all transitional beings but these guys look like they live forever. :ROTFL:

shtarka1

Reason I asked is because he's standing before the Peace Garden.

This is what I call a really lucky shot. It touches more layers of consciousness the longer I look at it.

Gosh. We are all transitional beings but these guys look like they live forever. :ROTFL:
I'll take "Luck" anytime i can find it! The timing & juxtaposition fit together. The message can be interpreted many ways. Thanks.:)

bensonga

First time I've had the Canon 5D out this year. Thought I had my 50mm f1.4 lens in the camera bag, but the 100 f2.8 macro was all I had....it's a fine lens.

Considered selling the 5D to partially offset the cost of a new 5D Mk3, but I just like this camera too much to part with it. I shot this same plane last week with my Nikon D2x. It will be interesting to compare the images....

I hope the 5D Mk3 handles my favorite subjects (old planes, trains, automobiles and industrial cast offs) as well as the 5D, 1D2 and D2x etc have done.

Gary

Northern Air Cargo DC-6

shtarka1

Gary, Tough To Say Which Renders Better. I Have A Feeling It's The Photog In This Equation & Not The Gear! Great Set On Both Playing Field's!

bensonga

Thanks Steve! The 5D and D2x images are very close.....both excellent cameras, even now.

I went back to the Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum today during my lunch break with the 7D and the 50 f1.4 lens (so that's where it was hiding!). Another sunny day here in Anchorage.

18 megapixels of resolution on an APS-C sensor....these images convinced me that the 5D Mk3's FF 22mp will be a nice step up from my 5D after all.

I'll be picking up my 5D Mk3 body tomorrow.....one of the first 5D3s to arrive in Anchorage. :D

Gary

Northern Air Cargo Douglas DC-3, Canon 7D, 50mm f1.4 lens

bensonga

Don't know why I didn't think of doing a B&W conversion sooner.....the DC-6 is a perfect subject for B&W. I'm using this image for an upcoming B&W print exchange.

5D Classic, 100mm f2.8 macro, Silver Efex Pro-2, High Structure Harsh preset, Kodak Plus-X film type