The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

bensonga

I hate to admit it, but more often than not, it's the mundane things in life that catch my eye.

Canon 1D2 and 70-200 f4L lens

shtarka1

Gary, Your "Mundane" Brings Out The Pure Art Of The Composition & I Dont Find Anything Of Yours "Mundane"! Great Eye!

shtarka1

Really nice steve :)

Now that you have used mk3 would you switch it back to mk2 ? Is the new af so much better ?
Thank You Jusu! I Still Love The 5D2 & Use It As A 2nd Body, But The 5D3 is Definitely Better With Regards To Dynamic Range, Slightly Faster Auto Focus & Higher Keeper Rate So Far. Still Need More Time To Run It Through The Ringer!
Yup, what he said. :thumbup:
Thanks Lloyd!:)

bensonga

Gary, Your "Mundane" Brings Out The Pure Art Of The Composition & I Dont Find Anything Of Yours "Mundane"! Great Eye!
Thanks Steve.....but at this point, I would be thrilled if I could make even one or two images as fascinating as yours!

Here's another recent shot of mine from last weekend. I was testing the Leica 50mm Summicron-R on my 5D with a Fotodiox Pro adapter (no focus confirmation chip).

I took a similar shot with the Nikon D700 and 50mm f1.8G lens. It looks very good too (especially factoring in the $219 price of that lens), but on balance, I do like the color rendition of the Canon/Leica combination just a little better.

Gary

shtarka1

Thanks Steve.....but at this point, I would be thrilled if I could make even one or two images as fascinating as yours!

Here's another recent shot of mine from last weekend. I was testing the Leica 50mm Summicron-R on my 5D with a Fotodiox Pro adapter (no focus confirmation chip).

I took a similar shot with the Nikon D700 and 50mm f1.8G lens. It looks very good too (especially factoring in the $219 price of that lens), but on balance, I do like the color rendition of the Canon/Leica combination just a little better.

Gary

Too Kind Gary! The 50 Cron Is Amazing On The 5D! Excellent Rich Color, Sharpness & Shot!