The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd. You are very kind.
One more from the same day later. G1X, no reflectors, no fill.
"Swept Away"
Another beauty. Very impressive how despite the high contrast light you have wonder shadow detail. Perfect skin tones. Nicely done.

Uaiomex

Thanks Lloyd. The white sand of the mexican riviera acts as a natural reflector. lo!
I used the latest version of Canon DPP. I'm using too for processing my 5D2 files. I will start using it more and more and less Adobe ACR.I think that it was true that Canon knows best their own sensors.
Better skin tones and somehow less skin retouching is needed. Kudos for Canon.
Eduardo

Another beauty. Very impressive how despite the high contrast light you have wonder shadow detail. Perfect skin tones. Nicely done.

Last edited:

shtarka1

And... one more from that same night. The Jupiter/Venus conjunction from earlier in the spring. The fish really renders color nicely, and with some unique distortion properties I think the images it produces are pretty interesting. This was the first (and only, so far) time I've had this lens out and about and I think I need to use it more.

JC, These Are So Gorgeous!!!!

shtarka1

Hi all, new to the forums. I happened upon this site while looking for sample shots of ZEISS lenses with Canon DSLRs and started looking through some of the other threads. I found this thread and I have to say, I'm blown away by the talent here. Some of these shots make me want to use my cameras for target practice with my Mosin Nagants.

I'm personally a fan of HDR (and in some cases excessive tone mapping), so I promise I won't post a bunch of overblown photos. Plus, I can't compete with what I'm seeing here. Awesome shots people.
Glad your here & looking forward to your work!

jusu

thx steve.. new series coming soon , but i thing fishing season is starting here so...... btw, mk3 files are looking much better to my eye now, they just need more sharpening than old ones. Have you tested d800/e yet?

shtarka1

thx steve.. new series coming soon , but i thing fishing season is starting here so...... btw, mk3 files are looking much better to my eye now, they just need more sharpening than old ones. Have you tested d800/e yet?
Still trying to find an 800e. Glad your starting to come around on the 5d3...:)

P

Punkss2

Hey, just started this thing called photography. I have found that I enjoy B&W the most. Canon T3i with the 17-55mm kit lens. [f/3.5; 1/50; ISO6400; 18mm] Be gentle! :)

shtarka1

Hey, just started this thing called photography. I have found that I enjoy B&W the most. Canon T3i with the 17-55mm kit lens. [f/3.5; 1/50; ISO6400; 18mm] Be gentle! :)
Looks like your pretty dang good at it too! Love this shot Jonathan! Glad to have you here & looking forward to you adventure in photography!

T

Troubled Bison

I just pulled these from facebook and resized them. As you can tell, I love HDR. I know it's not everyone's taste. My intention with HDR is to give the photo a more memorable effect. That is, seeing something with my own eyes might be impressive.... but I like the memory to be longer lasting.

All of these were taken with my Canon 7D using an 18-135 EF-S Lens. I just purchased a 5DM3 a few weeks ago, so I'm really looking forward to getting out to do some landscapes with it.

The giant tree is from New Mexico last month. I took 21 shots, but none of my computers is able to process 21 shots through Photomatix at once. So, I believe this is around 12 exposures.

The Zion shots are a couple of my favorites. I took those around November, I think. I'm heading back up in a couple weeks. I'm also planning on driving along the grand canyon, which I haven't been to yet. I do believe I'm going to accidentally break the Mark III with excitement over this little road trip. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this thing can do.

The Hoover Dam shot is from last year. I actually have a couple different versions of this one.

The Satellite dishes are in New Mexico as well. This place is called the Very Large Array. It's a long exposure that I fired through Photomatix for a little extra punch. The moon was out full blast that evening.

The sunset is from New Mexico a day or two later near Santa Fe (actually, much closer to the New Mexico prison where there was a massive riot years ago). We tried taking photos at the prison but they kicked us off the property. Seriously, who gets kicked off of prison property?

Oh, and I think I've attached a photo of the brain research center here in Vegas. I've been wanting to shoot this building for a long time, and I finally felt saucy enough to do it a couple months ago in the middle of the night. The lights from inside the building coupled with the odd angles of the windows have made people ask if I photoshopped the windows. It's just the screwy angles.

My composition is lacking, and I've still got a ton to learn about photography. I became interested when I first bought a Nikon Coolpix 995. I still unfortunately own it. I then went with a Canon Digital Rebel XTI. It was about a year before I actually started using it to it's capabilities. Once I finally had it figure out, I upgraded to the 7D. It is a great camera, and I'm probably going to hold onto it because I personally feel it still has a couple small advantages over the Mark III. One of them is that it feels like it focuses in low light faster. However, low light shots with the Mark III are amazing. Screwing around in the house the other day I took a couple shots at 12,800 ISO and could not believe how clear they were. Overall, I like the focus on the 7D more for faster shooting. The whole purpose of the Mark III for me is for landscapes and architecture. Although Master Chef Doctor Kenneth Rockwell M.D. is not a fan of tripods, I went and got myself a nice one anyway finally. I'm a firm believer in using a wireless remote, especially taking bracketed shots. The last thing I want to do is touch the camera when my shot is lined up.

Anyway, I hope these photos actually attached : D