The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

S

Shelby Lewis

picked up a 60D to use as a walk around camera with my old canon glass... nice IQ in good light!

My little girl...

Cheers!
Shelby

Paratom

one of the reasons for me to get the 5dIII was to be able to shoot more "action" shots of the kids.
Here some images from the last days. (70-200/4.0IS and 24-70/2.8)

I sometimes miss f2.8 (for subject isolation) on my 70-200/4.0 IS but then it is so much lighter than the 2.8 lens - so I bring it quite often. I am a little undecided which version (2.8 or 4.0) would be better for me

bensonga

Hand held shot using the Canon SX40HS at 840mm. This image stabilized, small sensor Canon works pretty well. A friend of mine took this camera on our recent bicycle trip thru Provence. After seeing his images.....I decided to give this little camera a try.

All things considered, I've been happy with the results, even when shooting at the limits of available light and reach.

StephenPatterson

Just back from my first trip with the Canon 5D Mk. III and so far I'm very happy that the IQ is more than capable of keeping up with my Leica. This is a portrait I shot at the Royal Palace in Bangkok of a Nigerian tourist, using the golden pagoda for a backdrop. You just never know what life is going to present you with in the field!

5D3 + 85/1.2L II

StephenPatterson

Can't believe you sold this lens!
I didn't sell it, I just traded it for a 70-200 f/2.8 IS II (brand new for almost new). I'm sure I will pick up another 85 on my next visit to HK in a few weeks. My buddy who wanted the lens couldn't get one back in Saudi Arabia easily, so I did him a favor. All good bro.

StephenPatterson

Two more shots taken with the 24-105L, which I found to be an absolutely amazing lens and well worth the money, especially considering it was a "kit" lens with the 5D3.

First image is of the minority muslim community who live on boats in the Mekong River outside Phnom Penh and the second is a little girl in one of the fishing village slums outside the city. Her head is shaved to combat lice. Absolutely adorable.

malmac

Canon 1D Mk4 - multiple exposures - 24-70 and 14mm Fisheye lens - taken both on and off the tripod all using bulb exposure and no flash or light added by photographer.

Just what I was doing while I was waiting for the lightning strike.

Mal

aboudd

40MM - delicious pancake!

I recently picked up the17 & 24 TS-E lenses for my architectural work but I wanted something a little longer for detail shots where shift wasn't necessary. I bought the 40MM 2.8 pancake lens and was amazed with its rendering. I took this image while on a house shoot. I simply love this lens and it is under $200 new with the hood. Way to go Canon.

Last edited: