The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

StephenPatterson

I was able to pick up another Canon 85/1.2L II lens this weekend, after my good friend Trevor stole, eh, I mean permanently borrowed mine to take home to Saudi Arabia. Of course he did give me a new 70-200 f/2.8 IS II for my troubles, so it all worked out. Anyway, I'm very glad to have this special lens back in my bag.

"Fish Head Lady"
Liuzhou, Guangxi Province, China

Canon 5D3 + 85/1.2L II

algrove

Well, here's my first "test" weekend with my new 5D3+70-200/2.8 (latest) + 1.4x (latest) at 280mm if I recall correctly.

This is a guy I started in racing 15 years ago coming out of the pits during a PCA Enduro race last weekend. You can double click it too see the image larger.

View attachment 68970

Last edited:

frontosa

Workshop Member
My first post here. I was admiring some photos of sandhill cranes taken by an acquaintance. I decided to drive 45 miles north to the Pixley Wildlife Refuge. Got there at 7:30 AM, but there was a big problem - thick fog. I have never shot birds or in particular birds in flight. I did not have a gimbal head. I thought a monopod would work out. I was wrong and I had to hand hold the 400 2.8IS. At 33F, the barrel was really cold. At 9:00, the fog had lifted a little.

Last edited:

bensonga

Wonderful shots of those Sandhill cranes!

Here's the photo of a bird which I happened to shoot today. Certainly not as impressive as your cranes, but I really love the Ravens we have here in Alaska. We see them most often in the winter, when they congregate in town. Some will hang out in groups or others on their own, like this bird. They can make the most interesting sounds....

Gary

Canon 1D Mark II, 135mm f2L lens

JPL

Hello
usually I post some pics in the Leica-Monochrome thread just nextdoors in this forum, today I had a brief look on the new Basle Exibition Center - all done with 5DIII and 28 Zeiss Distagon...

All the best

JP

frontosa

Workshop Member
Some weeks ago I posted a few photos of my first attempt on sandhill cranes. It was foggy and all I had was a 400 2.8IS lens which did not have enough reach. I went back last monday (President's Day) morning. Light was great and I was able to borrow a 2x converter. Here is my second attempt at photographing these birds.

This one reminds me of bombers in a flight formation.

bensonga

The Anchorage Fur Rendezvous (Rondy) Festival began on Friday and goes thru this weekend. It's a winter festival with a 70+ year history, including the three day World Championship Sprint Sled Dog race.

Here are a couple pics of my favorite entry in the snow sculpture competition. For those who might not recognize this fellow....it's a snow moose.

Canon 1D Mark III and 24-70/f2.8L lens

Last edited: