The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

aboudd

Full octane funk

Maceo Parker of the old James Brown Band of Renown was in Alexandria VA last Friday. 2 1/2 hours of great fun and funk.

JPL

Hi
The bw church is not from me... but you are right, it is outstanding!

The compliment goes to airfrogusmc!

All the best

JPH

airfrogusmc

Oh wow if this is the photo in question

thanks so much for the comments. It was taken with a
5D and a 35L
100 ISO
1/400
f/9
manual exposure
Spot metering

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Finally went and purchased a very clean 1D mark iii. Love this camera, these two images are a mix of a new monochrome done recently and a reprocess of an image shot in 2008.

Sunset at Bixby Bridge with an Antique Canon Camera

It has been years since I posted in the Canon forums but I found cause to do so tonight.

I was going through my hard drive deleting files I know I will no longer need and I came across a series of three shots I took of Bixby Bridge in Big Sur, California back in 2004. I remember taking these shots with the intention of stitching them together to create a panorama of the bridge and the ocean. I don't remember ever doing it. Nothing on TV tonight so I stitched them together this evening using Photoshop CS6 (did it old school, by hand) and the end result seems to be quite good. These were taken with the Canon 10D.. an antique by todays' standards.

I've long since sold all my Canon gear but still have hundreds of shots I took with all of my Canon cameras (D30, 10D, 20D, 5D, 5D MKII) It was a fun way to spend a Friday night. Just thought I would share this one with you guys.

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Sunset at Bixby Bridge with an Antique Canon Camera

It has been years since I posted in the Canon forums but I found cause to do so tonight.

I was going through my hard drive deleting files I know I will no longer need and I came across a series of three shots I took of Bixby Bridge in Big Sur, California back in 2004. I remember taking these shots with the intention of stitching them together to create a panorama of the bridge and the ocean. I don't remember ever doing it. Nothing on TV tonight so I stitched them together this evening using Photoshop CS6 (did it old school, by hand) and the end result seems to be quite good. These were taken with the Canon 10D.. an antique by todays' standards.

I've long since sold all my Canon gear but still have hundreds of shots I took with all of my Canon cameras (D30, 10D, 20D, 5D, 5D MKII) It was a fun way to spend a Friday night. Just thought I would share this one with you guys.

WOW! This is the best Bixby Bridge I've ever seen. Great work!
Pramote