The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

MoJo

Registred Users
How about this quick portrait, shot at an Earth Festival in santa fe...... 5D with 24-105 lens.........-Josef

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Old Dublin Water Works - 5am available light

Canon 5D, 35L at f/5.6 nine stop range with shutter speed for HDR as rain storm was moving in.

robmac

Arne,

Love the detail and tonality in the B&W. The 1Ds3 and 'my' (;>) 180 'cron APO seems to make a hell of a combo....

Arne Hvaring

Arne,

Love the detail and tonality in the B&W. The 1Ds3 and 'my' (;>) 180 'cron APO seems to make a hell of a combo....
Hi Rob, yes the lens is really a jewel. Solidly clamped down on tripod and prescisely focused, it delivers outstanding quality. I'm getting more and more fond of this lens in spite of the weight and bulk. The drawing, resolution and detail in the shadows make it worth the effort. Live view has made focusing manually a breeze at 10x.
Speaking of which, here's an observation.One would perhaps think that the higher resolving screen of the D3 allows even better focusing than the 1DsIII, but I've found rather the opposite to be the case. At 10x magnification the Canon screen has (more than) enough resolution, but above all a faster refresh rate than the Nikon screen. Live view on D3 has a short but annoying delay when adjusting focus, while the Canon is nearly instantaneous. Maybe the high-resolving Nikon screen requires much computing power to refresh, thus causing a delay.

Returning to the 180 Summicron/1DsIII combo, here's a shot from yesterday.

Last edited:

robmac

Arne - now you've got me wanting one all over again.. ;> Interesting comment on the two LCDs - my guess is you're probably right on the refresh rate. Gorgeous scenery.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

My Palm Sunday Celebration...
I have neither bread, nor wine, nor altar, I will raise myself beyond these symbols, up to the pure majesty of the real itself. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Canon 5D, 70-200 f/2.8L IS

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
These are great images guys! John, I especially like the school ground abstract!

:thumbs:

S

sjms56

Rutgers Christmas Faraday Lecture (fun and games with some learning too)

40D 17-55/2.8

Last edited: