The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

SahotaR

Convention Centre on the edge of Dal Lake, Srinagar, Kashmir. Probably the best (in terms of location) but least used conv. centre in the world.

Rupinder

Paratom

Thanks to PeterB to motivate me to give the Sigma 35/1.4 a try...I have the feeling this could very well become my favorite lens for the Canon.

(again pbase doesnt show the images as sharp as I see it on my computer...sorry for that)

S

Shelby Lewis

Some work from this week... 60D. All these shot in the subject's living room, either with window light/reflector or a Godox v850 (love that flash!) in an umbrella box.

Cheers!
Shelby

bensonga

For the last several days I've had an opportunity to use a 1DX and 85mm f1.2L lens. I've always like the 1D and 1Ds series cameras. This is the first time I've seen or tried the 85/1.2. It's a beauty.

This weekend I'll be shooting the Iditarod sled dog race with an amazing variety of L series glass. Each year Canon USA ships a tremendous amount of gear to Stewarts Photo in Anchorage for an event they call "Canon Shoots the Iditarod". Those of us who are fortunate enough to get a spot on the list will be able to try just about every L series lens Canon makes, including all of the super-telephotos up to and including the 800mm.

This was just a quick snap from my office window, about 30 minutes after sunrise.

Canon 1DX and 85mm f1.2 lens at ISO 200

Last edited:

ReeRay

Impressive and equally so being at the office so early (LOL)

Seriously, I'd love that set up if only the $$$$ would allow.

Looking forward to some shots from your weekend.

bensonga

Impressive and equally so being at the office so early (LOL)
Seriously, I'd love that set up if only the $$$$ would allow.
Looking forward to some shots from your weekend.
LOL...at this time of year, sunrise in Anchorage is at about 8 am, so not so early. We are gaining almost 6 minutes of sunlight each day now, so it feels like the worst of our dark winter is over.

On our shortest day, during the winter solstice, we have 5 hours and 27 minutes of daylight....better than living in Fairbanks, Alaska.

Today we had 10 hours and 20 minutes of daylight. On the summer solstice (June 21st), we will have 19 hours and 21 minutes.

Summer in Alaska is definitely my favorite time of year. :thumbs:

Gary

ReeRay

Being on the equator I am unfamiliar with day light changes. 12 hours on - 12 hours off, 365 days a year. Summer in Thailand is also my favourite tIme, but it has to be as it lasts 365 days per year!

What I'd give for a bit of snow!