The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon announces D60

N

niamhcooper05

The plastic and removal of even some features like sync pin make it appear so. But the addition of 1080 HD video, higher ISO capability, better LCD,etc. are impressive. The quality of the clip on DPReview is superb. What I feel is, this is addressing a different constituency, not necessarily the 50D upgrader. Or is it the trend of things to come? Even Nikon D3100 has done away with some important features in favour of HD video!

David Schneider

Saw the thread and thought I was in a space warp continuum. I owned a Canon D60 maybe 8 years ago. Still have two around.

Guess the camera is a 60D.

Not many people know there use to be a Canon D2000, which was the same as Kodak 520, circa 1998 or 1999 when I had them both.

V

Vivek

Saw the thread and thought I was in a space warp continuum.

Me too. :)

I love that Panasonic G1 style swivel LCD. I wish all DSLRs/cameras have them.
I might look into a Canon DSLR for the first time just for this as I know how useful it is.

Diane B

Saw the thread and thought I was in a space warp continuum. I owned a Canon D60 maybe 8 years ago. Still have two around.

Guess the camera is a 60D.

Not many people know there use to be a Canon D2000, which was the same as Kodak 520, circa 1998 or 1999 when I had them both.
Me too. I bought the D60 the month it came out and then found a used D30 for backup. I really enjoyed both of those cameras with all their problems---which we just worked around LOL. They switched to the D following the number with the 10D.

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Me too. :)

I love that Panasonic G1 style swivel LCD. I wish all DSLRs/cameras have them.
I might look into a Canon DSLR for the first time just for this as I know how useful it is.
+1

Interchangeable focusing screens too. I'm looking very seriously at the 60D.