The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can not import RAW images from 1Ds

Amatieris

Hi, I have recently bought a used 1Ds original. I can only import the JPEG files. As there is also a problem of connection between the camera and computer I stick the CF card in my 30D and import from there. My guess is that the RAW from 1Ds are different and 30D just does not recognize them.
I downloaded 1Ds driver from internet, but that does not help.
Any suggestions?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Try importing the raw files directly from the cf card into the computer using a cf reader, and not the camera itself.
Let us know how that works.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Sometime using the camera as a reader is not that reliable since there is a lot of plugging and unplugging into the connector.
Try to find a good reader, the Sandisk firewire and dual usb readers have worked reasonably well for me.
-bob