The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sigma lenses

hot

Sigma 105/2.8 with OS looks good ...

SIGMA MACRO 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

SIGMA 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM

SIGMA APO 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM

SIGMA APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

RGoldman

I have owned several of the "EX" Sigma lenses and every one of them is/was a stellar performer. The 120-300mm was incredible for the price and the only thing it needed was "OS" which it now will have. If they add OS to the 300-800mm lens as well, they will sell a lot more of them.
I recently picked up the new 50-500mm OS version and I can highly recommend it for the times when you can or only want to carry one lens with you. It's truly amazing when you consider the range it covers.

Ron

Ralfsworld

I bought new 70-200 with OS last month and found working really good with my 1D Mark IV. Wonder how good is SIGMA APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM?

dseelig

I had three copies of the 120-300 2.8 it took three till I got one that was not very flawed. I kept it for a year then realized it simply was not up to the canon l series in terms of real sharpness. Photos just did not pop. also the af on canon was not up to par, it was slow. They are better I hear onnikons. The 120-300 is also a little short at the 300 rating more like a 285.