The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The 1Dx has arrived!

fotografz

Seriously thinking about purchasing this over the mark iii
If you shoot anything that moves ... from sports, to kids playing, to dogs running, to auto racing, to birds, to dancing ... this is the camera.

Absolutely best spec'ed camera out there for 35mm DSLR work IMO. The D4 may give it a run, but the D4's goofy second card isn't something you can get just anywhere in an emergency.

It is expensive, but man I could see keeping this camera for a really long time. FF 18 meg is plenty of resolution for almost any application, and the Pro Canons are built to take a licking and keep on ticking.

If I wasn't vested in my Sony stuff, I'd get one of these in a New York heart-beat. Unfortunatly, Sony doesn't have anything even remotely close to this Canon :(

Canon knocked it out of the ball park with the 1DX ... and ripped the cover off the ball in the process :thumbs:

-Marc

RVB

I have a 1DX,very good high iso,amazingly fast and accurate AF and better and cleaner shadows than a 1Ds mk3.. this shot (which was taken only for a lens comparison ) shows that 18mp is still a lot of Resolution in F.F (as Marc stated in the previous comment).. and canon glass is excellent