The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travelling light with Canon

Arne Hvaring

I got the 450D and the EF-S 17-55/2,8 mainly as a light snapshot combo, but the image quality has surprised me (in a positive sense!) and lately I've used it a bit for travelling where weight and bulk constraints have excluded my regular setups. Mostly I also bring the 70-200/4 IS for the longer reach.
Camera and extra zoom lens go into a small Tamrac Velocity 5x bag and can actually be carried all day without serious injuries to my physique which is more than can be said of my regular D3/1DsIII and associated lenses!
Here are some recent images from Denmark and Germany.

Last edited:

Arne Hvaring

Last four. First is taken with the 70-200/4 zoom, all others with the 17-55/2,8.

Last edited:

Professional

Lucky you, when i was in New Zealand back in Nov 2008 i was carrying around my 1DsIII and 1DIII [not both always, but for long journey yes both of them] and some lenses like 16-35, 24-105, 70-200, 100-400 and 100 macro, what i can say then.

C

Christopher Brown

I went to the Middle East with my G9 and a Hasselblad 501CM. Obviously the G9 beats on portability & convenience and the Hassie wins on quality. But the big surprise was the G9 quality - good enough that I sold my entire Leica system on my return!