The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon U.S.A. restructures CPS program

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Canon U.S.A. has announced that it will be instituting a new Canon Professional Services (CPS) program beginning in the first quarter of 2009. The new CPS program, which will require all existing members to reapply, will offer three levels of membership - Silver, Gold and Platinum - to qualifying members, with each level receiving better and more extensive service benefits. The new CPS program is designed to provide the appropriate level of service for each professional demographic and support members with faster service, loan equipment, and a range of other benefits to be announced in the coming months....

More details here.

LJL

This seems like a reasonable thing to do, and having tiers plus varying prices/discounts seems flexible enough to better meet needs. Leica should consider something like this also, but then they would actually have to deliver that service on time. This sounds like what is needed for Leica's S2, but should be rolled into that offering, with the equivalent lower levels open to other Leica owners.

Very interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing this one, John.

LJ

Ben Rubinstein

Bloody cheek, $100 annually to get 3 day repair turnaround for pro's who are used to that as an automatic benefit of their CPS membership. If they try that in the UK I'm switching to Nikon tomorrow, I use that CPS turnaround about 4 times a year (wouldn't have to if the 580exII didn't need hotshoe tightening once every quarter or their lenses focused correctly out of the box), not going to pay for a service that should be free for pros with a significant investment in equipment, especially when pro's have been using the service for years.

robmac

Revamp the CPS structure to more closely resemble what's seen in MF land and then start introducing 'tweener (>35mm) high-MP counts DLRS to stave off moves to (the ever 'cheaper') MF land...

Hopefully they' (and Nikon) will be smart enough to keep the AA filters in the parts bin. I can see it now,".. FF 35mm, the NEW APS-H...". ;>

Things are going to get very interesting very quickly me thinks.

Homey

Bloody cheek, $100 annually to get 3 day repair turnaround for pro's who are used to that as an automatic benefit of their CPS membership. If they try that in the UK I'm switching to Nikon tomorrow, I use that CPS turnaround about 4 times a year (wouldn't have to if the 580exII didn't need hotshoe tightening once every quarter or their lenses focused correctly out of the box), not going to pay for a service that should be free for pros with a significant investment in equipment, especially when pro's have been using the service for years.
Ha 3 day service?? I wish..
I have never gotten a 3 day turn around. Even when I talked to them on the phone several times and stated that I need the lens back and would pick it up at the center while in California for a photo job I had to do. The same job I needed the lens for.
I needed the lens for the X Games. They sent me a quote. I called them and they accepted payment for cleaning, replace 1 part and focus adjustment at 10:00 am Monday morning. Friday at 5:00 pm the lens was still not finished for me to pick up.

When I talked to them Monday morning they had the part they needed in stock. I stressed again why I needed the lans and I would arrive in Cali on Wednesday and could pick it up any day after that. They said they would try.

3 day service :ROTFL:

Ben Rubinstein

There seems to be a difference between CPS US and the rest of the world. To join CPS US you just need a certain amount of gear. In the rest of the world you need to prove your pro status as well. As such CPS UK at least is not as inundated as the US, I got 3 day turnaround on a serious flashgun repair even mid the 1D mkIII recall! Admittedly you need to phone up and remind them it's CPS sometimes but it usually is fine.