The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RIGHT ANGLE USB FOR TETHERING 5D

Marc Wilson

Hi guys,

When mounting a 5d on a L bracket (RRS) and attaching to the clamp in the vertical position, it's then not possible to fit a usb cable for tethered operation as there si simply not enough physical space.

Has anyone found a right angle usb cable / adaptor for this purpose.

I've searched online but come up short.

I like the L bracket for ease of keeping verticals when on a tripod for interiors, etc but also like to shoot tethered and at the moment the two can not go hand in hand.

Thanks.

S

sjms56

Hi guys,

When mounting a 5d on a L bracket (RRS) and attaching to the clamp in the vertical position, it's then not possible to fit a usb cable for tethered operation as there si simply not enough physical space.

Has anyone found a right angle usb cable / adaptor for this purpose.

I've searched online but come up short.

I like the L bracket for ease of keeping verticals when on a tripod for interiors, etc but also like to shoot tethered and at the moment the two can not go hand in hand.

Thanks.
when i had my 1D3 i had no issue whatsoever using a mini usb plug and having the RRS plate full extension. i'd show you but the cameras are gone now. but here is an image of what the miniplug looks like and its relative dimensions. the dimensions of the RRS Plate at full extension on canon and nikon are identical and i use the same plug on my D3. admittedly the nikon has 2 different paths it can follow. one is a lot easier. the lengths on the bodies of the plugs vary widely. i have a 2.5 ft length mini male to reg male plugged into an F/M extender at 10ft. total length 12.5 ft

Last edited: