The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rumored Canon 5D x 45 MPix

Stefan Steib

It keeps cumming - first rumors for 2 new Canons on

5D Split? 5D X & 5D Mark III [CR1] « Canon Rumors

45 MPix With a pixel size similar to the power shot G1X....

this would mean a pixel level even smaller than the Nikon D800

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canong1x/images/Sensorsizes.png

on the DPreview site there are already image samples of the G1x- i would say- this by 4 in one shot could be impressive.

Canon is filling a potential Photobag with sharp lenses for it- the new 24-70L II seems to be pretty good.

This will be an interesting year !

regards
Stefan

Uaiomex

It means clean 12,800 ISO with 45 mp. That's insane. I'm also waiting for the new 45 and 90 TS's.
I hope Canon makes it with a vari-angle screen. It's all I ask. Some freaking happy smurf I will be.
Eduardo

Terry

It means clean 12,800 ISO with 45 mp. That's insane. I'm also waiting for the new 45 and 90 TS's.
I hope Canon makes it with a vari-angle screen. It's all I ask. Some freaking happy smurf I will be.
Eduardo
Where have you seen clean G1X files at 12,800. I would be rather shocked if you could get clean (without lots of noise reduction) files at 12,800.

Stefan Steib

Hi Po

well if the results are good and the lenses will keep up, I think this will be a significant step forward. Canon has obviously decided to split user requests in Large pixel/highspeed and small pixel/high resolution (Nikon does the same now D4/D800) which I think is a perfect solution as you can decide what you need and the systemprice is far below under MF range so you can have 2 bodies easily (Backup !).

Regards
Stefan

V

Vivek

The biggest question is- Are we going to see more threads in the MF section about people abandoning MF to switch to Canon just like the buzz created by the Nikon D800? :rolleyes:

Stefan Steib

Hi Vivek

Be asured - I will not do this, I think this will happen just normally, as people are moved by this question. Did you read that Nikon is planning to produce 30000 D800 bodies a month - as a start ?
I guess if Canon starts their lines this will be similar. The elephants have started moving now............

The japanese companies are pretty clever and patient, they have watched this business now for 15 years and have decided now it´s time to do highres mainstream.

regards
Stefan

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Hi Vivek

Be asured - I will not do this, I think this will happen just normally, as people are moved by this question. Did you read that Nikon is planning to produce 30000 D800 bodies a month - as a start ?
I guess if Canon starts their lines this will be similar. The elephants have started moving now............

The japanese companies are pretty clever and patient, they have watched this business now for 15 years and have decided now it´s time to do highres mainstream.

regards
Stefan
While I back most of this, I would say that they are now able to decide to start the highres mainstream - this was not possible with sensor and processing technology available some years ago!

Peter

V

Vivek

Correct, Stefan! :)

In the mean time, the company that invented digital imaging-camera technology is insolvent.

Stefan Steib

Hi Vivek

"
In the mean time, the company that invented digital imaging-camera technology is insolvent"

Whereas EVERYBODY had told Kodak for years what they do wrong and they REFUSED to listen. This is I think called destructive schizoid Suicide.

I question if the boards members could be charged for this. They should be forced to pay with their own money for this disastrous mismanagement !

Regards
Stefan