The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SHOOT YOUR PETS

T

Troubled Bison

With your camera.

: )

I've got a couple dogs and cats. I don't know about the rest of you with animals but mine get quite a bit of attention. And sometimes they do things worth taking pictures of. Not always, but I take pictures anyway. I need the practice.

My Doberman's name is Skeletor. My Rottweiler is Einstein. The cat's name is Winston. I don't have a photo of Igor (the other cat) readily available. I'm not even sure what gender Igor is due to the mountain of fur this cat builds upon itself.

Anyway, the dog's photos were taken with the 7D and Winston's massive facial was taken with my SONY Cybershot. I bought it in September and took this closeup of his lovely face screwing around. My wife almost died when she saw the picture, so naturally I got a 20x30 inch print done and bought a cheap frame for it. It's currently hanging on the fireplace - It is painfully obnoxious. It's going to end up in the guest room facing the bed. That way, when guests stay over they'll wake up to that face staring down on them.

The shot of Skeletor showing his teeth was a bit difficult to get. When I come home, he circles me like a shark and shows his teeth, and he does this sneeze thing. It's just his way of showing that he's excited. Most people see this and think it's the "I'm about to rip your face off" look. This is his smiley face.

Einstein is probably the goofiest Rottweiler I've ever known. He can look occasionally regal, as he does in one photo attached. In the other, you can see the not so regal Einstein running from Skeletor. That dog has so much skin on his face that it can't stay in shape when he's moving. These two are just a couple of cuddly dinosaurs.

If you got 'em, post up your photos : D

GaryAyala

Cookie (aka The Cook). A Wheaten Terrier, the best dog in the world and I am proud to call her friend.

Gary

fotografz

Our little doggy Schnuffy ... no matter what is happening in our lives, she brings a smile to our face every single day. She has been everywhere, from NYC to LA, Florida to Northern Michigan.

Shown below: Schnuff seductively poses for an on-line doggy-dating site ... Rejects an unsuitable suitor who lied on that site ... Frolics with her BFF Bambi ... Thinks she is a Rottweiler when protecting her Mom ... Plays a part in "Chihuahuas of the Caribbean", Exhibits her undying passion for Free-Range chicken, and proves that Blonds have more fun, even if they are a "dog" ... :) and finally, the most recent pic of a regal Schnuffy relaxing at a winery.

-Marc

Well this is not actually my photo but is my daughter's under my supervision. Hope you like it.. She treats her orchid like a pet..

R

rmorris

I really like the idea of being able to bring your pets out on the park and just shoot away with what they are doing and what they think they could go out for. It just makes of great moments that surely as pet lovers, you would cherish and let you master your art with being able to capture great stills at the same time.

B

Bitter Jeweler

Valentino

Anderson Pooper

Pooper was abandoned under our neighbors porch as a baby. He was starving and so scared. He's turned out to be the best kitty ever!

O

organicfood

hi guys yours pets are so cool and pictures also good.nice shots.

Howard

Joerglemann

Your sighthounds look like whippets. They have the same colors as Monty, my whippet who passed on several years ago. Monty never met a dog that was faster than him. He could run like the wind. Monty was a wonderful dog and companion and my wife and I remember him fondly.

joerglemann

Nice picture from your Whippet, Howard :)
The hungarian sighthound (Magyar Agár) is an official separate breed. Magyar Agár are taller and havier than Whippets. Genetically the Greyhound comes closest.
Kind regards,
Joerg