The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon Mirrorless with 22mm lens pic maybe

V

Vivek

Looks like IXUS (Elph). That would mean a really compact camera. If it comes with an EVF, swivel LCD, and a decent shutter it would be swell. We will know in a few days.

The price would determine if it would be a real challenge to Sony's NEX.

pophoto

Exciting times for mirrorless with rumors of Olympus mFT Pro camera coming later this year and Canon's Pro version later as well!

Something this compact serves its purposes!

Uaiomex

I've been asking for years for an easy to detach strap. My proposal was the kind found on the Hasselblad V cameras. The one on the EOS M is almost identical.
Thank you Canon, I'm truly flattered!
Eduardo

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

I've got a nasty feeling that it's going to be the usual Canon 'cripple the features' and charge more for less than the competition is offering. Really hope to be wrong.

V

Vivek

I've got a nasty feeling that it's going to be the usual Canon 'cripple the features' and charge more for less than the competition is offering. Really hope to be wrong.
Ben, What do you think Sony are offering? :LOL:

Ben Rubinstein

Free flash in the box for a start. Swivel screen for second. We have to wait and see if the Canon has touch screen. What worries me the most is going to be the price. As it looks to be AP-S sensor the comparison will be against the Sony's and if Canon are on form, it will be 'less for more'. As I said I hope to be wrong!

V

Vivek

It is supposed to have a touch screen with a lot of functions (via touch). It does not appear to be swivel. Has a decent hotshoe (can attach a wireless transmitter with TTL functions unlike any other mirrorless cams out there). Size indicates that the shutter mechanism is secured well (unlike some NEX models). How good that shutter is would be a factor for me.

AF is interesting- hybrid (PD and CD AF).

Yeah, price will be something to watch out for (although I am certain that it can not be more than what Nikon 1 sell for).

Ben Rubinstein

It is supposed to have a touch screen with a lot of functions (via touch). It does not appear to be swivel. Has a decent hotshoe (can attach a wireless transmitter with TTL functions unlike any other mirrorless cams out there). Size indicates that the shutter mechanism is secured well (unlike some NEX models). How good that shutter is would be a factor for me.

AF is interesting- hybrid (PD and CD AF).

Yeah, price will be something to watch out for (although I am certain that it can not be more than what Nikon 1 sell for).
The nex cameras can do the sony wireless system can't they? I seem to remember it as a firmware update. Shame that the specs only show a 1/4000 max shutter, if you're a 'wide open' always freak like me, that extra stop can become very useful! :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I am missing an EVF too but hope they will soon release a EVF version.

But otherwise this sounds like a VERY appealing camera (system) to me.

V

Vivek

The nex cameras can do the sony wireless system can't they? I seem to remember it as a firmware update. Shame that the specs only show a 1/4000 max shutter, if you're a 'wide open' always freak like me, that extra stop can become very useful! :D
Ben, Sony can't do radio wireless with TTL. Only Canon have that capability and there are also 3rd party gizmos for that.

FWIW, NEX-7's top shutter speed is only 1/4000s.

This camera (ISO, size, etc) is very much like the Sony NEX-F3. The F3 is a joy to handle if only it had an EVF! The F3 also lacks a hotshoe just like most of the NEX cams.

Ben Rubinstein

Sorry, I missed the radio bit, thought you meant wireless. I actually use the radiopoppers on my canon system so I know how useful they are!