The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 1DX focus tracking anyone?

pophoto

I have some serious gripes with Canon's (my main DSLRs) focus tracking compared with Nikon in general, however, I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the 1DX yet?

pophoto

That's pretty good, thanks for feedback. What do feel about the focus tracking and the camera in general?

pophoto

The 1dx I had in my hands had some front/back focus issues, however, the canon support team is pretty quick , same day response and escalated to help the issue I had. My camera is on its way to the Canon USA factory to have it inspected and hopefully taken care of. I'm actually really impressed with the support response so far, looking forward to see how it all pans out! (I did use the AF micro adjustments to improve the situation)

Camera is solid, easy to use, mostly buttons in its settings. Tracking works well, but too short of time of use to really be conclusive. Resolution doesn't seem to lose a lot to the 5d mark III or II. It is heavy, and vertical grip isn't as comfortable as the horizontal, but not bad but could of been more ergonomic in design. Colors are great!

Silent mode isn't 5D mark III standards, which I really miss! 12fps upto 14 when you need it the difference in shutter. Tracking is my main concern. Just waiting for the return from the factory now.

Focusing in low light is better than the 5D mark III, since it can, but does it slower than good lighting, I don't need it to focus in pitch black which some Nikon owners claim, which is good but not necessary for me in any circumstances!

I'd love for canon to release a newer version of the Speedlite 270EX II, hopefully with more control, it's a flash given less praise than it deserves, something to compliment the 600Ex-RT In the line up!