The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Value of Canon FD TS 35mm f2.8 /TILT SHIFT

D

Dajyrg

Hi I am thinking of selling my lens above, do you know what it might be wortk? It´s not modified and got the box as well as the protection covers for back and front.

Thanks in advance.

/J

Pingang

I have all the TS-E lenses, 17, 24, 45 and 90, and always wonder why they don't make a modern TS-E 35 and TS-E 120.
Keep it, I think it still make sense to have it, more pleasing perfective than 24 or 17, they are useful but over pronouncing the space is not alway a plus. My Schnieder 55mm Tilt/Shift is so better with the perspective I mcuh prefer. However, I must admit the Canon TS-E system is so compact in comparison, and convenient, get jobs done much faster - although not better.

BR,
Pingang

Hi I am thinking of selling my lens above, do you know what it might be wortk? It´s not modified and got the box as well as the protection covers for back and front.

Thanks in advance.

/J

T

T&S

Hi I am very anxious to get a nice copy of the FD TS 35 f/2.8 depending on the condition I will pay up to 700$ for it but if its not perfect I would not pay more than 500-550 $. I would pay for well packed shipping to new york city

[Dear PINGANG you mention a TSE 120 is this corretc I have never heard of this lens but i would like one as well !?]

[For people who are newer to this than me check the nikon PC 35mm f/2.8 cheeap shaaaarp dont pay more than 245 for it with the old silver knob.]

Pingang

Sorry, I was quoting that I wondered why Canon "does not" develop a TSE-35 or TS-E 120 which I would love to buy and use them, and there is n no even rumor on this! It is my wish that Canon to do that.
TS-E 90 is one of my most often use lens, in fact I use it so much that I have gone thru 2 lenses already and the one I currently use was just serviced with a new diaphragm installed. If there is a TS-E 120, I would probably use as much often.

BR,
Pingang

Hi I am very anxious to get a nice copy of the FD TS 35 f/2.8 depending on the condition I will pay up to 700$ for it but if its not perfect I would not pay more than 500-550 $. I would pay for well packed shipping to new york city

[Dear PINGANG you mention a TSE 120 is this corretc I have never heard of this lens but i would like one as well !?]

[For people who are newer to this than me check the nikon PC 35mm f/2.8 cheeap shaaaarp dont pay more than 245 for it with the old silver knob.]

nikonf

I have a Nikon 35mm PC Nikkor from the Mid 1980s. It has a black knob.
Would this lens work well with a D800E?
I haven't used it since my film days. It was a good performer with Kodachrome. I always liked the perspective with his lens.
I thought I might be able to use this until I can purchase the 35mm f2 Zeiss.
Thanks,
Mike

Aviv1887

I have the fd 35mm converted to the new mount by SK Grimes. It is slightly soft and has some CA, both can be taken care of in post. The focal length is definitely the big one missing in the Canon t/s line up. I paid at the time $450 for the lens and I believe $400 for the conversion. Well worth it although I don't use the Canon very often anymore.