The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 5D Mk II shipping this week from Adorama

Jeff Turner

I just got a call from Adorama and they are shipping the first 5D Mk II's out Friday or next Monday. These are the first shipments from Adorama:clap::clap::clap:

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Congrats you lucky :angry: I :salute: you for getting in early enough!

Myself, :cry:, I'm locked in w/ a dealer but I am #45 on their list. I just got off the phone with them and know that they are getting 3 this week.

More to come next month; but how many and when is anyone's guess.

Crossing my fingers I'll have it pre-X-mas. Would be a great present to myself.

Jeff Turner

Quite frankly, I was surprised that I called and ordered early enough. I am not usually that fast. I had been waiting for a higher resolution, lighter weight solution for back country mountain landscapes. Currently I pack with my Nikon D3 and 3 to 4 fixed focal length lenses and an assortment of ND grad filters...:cussing: heavy after 10-15 miles at altitude.

Good luck getting yours sooner than expected, Chris!!!!!

dseelig

Always a good thing to get a good dealer and stick with them. On the long run you will be better off. For my canon equipment I always go with roberts with leica I have I have work with Ken Hansen most honorable man ever to sell a camera. Cheers David

sinwen

The first batch of 5DII is arrived in France, few guys took delivery and are going to play this week end, so we should start to see the real thing from now on.