The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EOS M

V

Vivek

Despite the 59% drop, it is quite expensive. I would like to see it around €199/-, what it really is worth. ;)

Sharokin

I have both :D and enjoy them as an alternative to my iPhone for shooting everyday snap shots with better quality. These are my fun cameras.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Canon's weakness is AF speed, though very accurate, the Nikon's is image noise even at 400 asa.
But the Nikon is a very capable camera with fantastic AF. The Canon has an amazingly sharp 22mm lens that is sharper than my 35L on a 5D3.

I posted a fun snap shot captured with the EOS M and 22mm shot wide open.

hot

Same path the Nikon V1 took back in late 2012. It went from $800 down to $299.
Then V2 took the high-price-place :D

EOS-M is for € 349 not a bad thing .. especially if you have a lot of EOS lenses. Adapter from China € 40 / $ 55
You also can use a 3x diplay viewer for € 11 / $ 15 and you get a "sunfree" viewer with 9" !

mazor

I have both :D and enjoy them as an alternative to my iPhone for shooting everyday snap shots with better quality. These are my fun cameras.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Canon's weakness is AF speed, though very accurate, the Nikon's is image noise even at 400 asa.
But the Nikon is a very capable camera with fantastic AF. The Canon has an amazingly sharp 22mm lens that is sharper than my 35L on a 5D3.

I posted a fun snap shot captured with the EOS M and 22mm shot wide open.
lovely pic. The EOS m really cannot compare with an iphone, as the sensor is just that tiny, no real quality can come out from it. The eos m looks like a good buy now except like steen said, it would hace been nice to have a viewfinder rather than just read lcd.

hot

For bright sunshine or snow I am using a cheap display viewer - it makes a (lightfree) 9" display.
Works with ALL cameras - necessary if you make movies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Cool, Hot :thumbup:

I hope your excellent example of improved camera design will make a strong impression on a lot of camera designers all over the world :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I think the eeh ... 'unusual' form factor has the potential to serve as an unforgettable memento that they had been better off considering a built-in viewfinder to begin with ;)

hot

... and the viewfinder also should be 9" (NINE")
Did you ever try such a thing? Then you will forget all the tinytinytiny Canon viewfinders, hehehe.

hot

Two new mirrorless Canon cameras

The first camera will replace the actual EOS-M model and the second camera will be a completely
new high end model. The autofocus will be dramatically improved and at least three lenses will be
announced within the year.

mazor

For bright sunshine or snow I am using a cheap display viewer - it makes a (lightfree) 9" display.
Works with ALL cameras - necessary if you make movies.

Wow, good inovation, Hot, but.... with that additional bulk, would it not be easier to get a Canon 650D, which has exactly the same APS-C sensor, has the hybrid phase and contrast based AF, as well as you get a real OVF, plus true PDAF focusing?

mazor

I think the Nex 5 series can match the EOS M for quality images, plus it is alot smaller, even with an EVF attached than the foldable 9" Display. Plus with Speed booster using EOS glass on the Nex system will result in full frame image focal lengths