The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EOS M

Francois_A

I got it from Costco 3 weeks ago for $Can 400, which included the speedlite 90X, the 18-55mm and a 16 GB card. Costco will accept returns within 3 months of purchase...
I used it in conjunction with a Fuji X-E1 on a recent trip to California.
I really like the touchscreen interface; much faster that pushing buttons and scrolling!

ISO 200, f/10 @ 1/250 sec

Stefan Steib

I just bought a Canon EOS M with 2 Lenses 22+18-55+Canon EF adapter for 450 € complete. A wireless IR remote control costs 4$, a C-Mount adapter 7$ (and c-mount lenses -like old zooms with ridiculous 1,2 apertures and the likes- cost NOTHING !)
And the best thing is: there is Magic Lantern for the EOS M.
All my Canon system stuff fits, Flange focal distance is 18mm so about any lens fits and Image quality is pretty good!

Can´t wait to get it. I was really fighting with myself because I have way too many cameras, but after I found out, that there will be the Magiclantern Firmware(there is a working Apha already), I gave up and ordered.......:D

Canon really hooked me...... because now I wil probably also buy the new 11-22mm for about 400 €, costing as much as the whole rest of the gear I got.... :)

Fun, fun, fun........

Stefan

Stefan Steib

Originally I wanted to buy something like the Sony 100RX2 for my pocket, but now for about half the price, IS,2 lenses, Raw, full HD video ....... with this featureset ?

I use Magic Lantern on my other large Bodies for so many things and the addition to the EOS M nearly makes it some kind of Blackmagic Pocket camera for the poor......:)

The 2.02 firmware upgrade obviously sped the focusing up and after evaluating the technical background it is clear the sensor is on newest Canon APS-C level.

And last but not least : there will be a better V2 body soon !
As soon as that is available and really worth upgrading the M will be converted to IR/UV.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

V

Vivek

Originally I wanted to buy something like the Sony 100RX2 for my pocket, but now for about half the price, IS,2 lenses, Raw, full HD video ....... with this featureset ?

I use Magic Lantern on my other large Bodies for so many things and the addition to the EOS M nearly makes it some kind of Blackmagic Pocket camera for the poor......:)

The 2.02 firmware upgrade obviously sped the focusing up and after evaluating the technical background it is clear the sensor is on newest Canon APS-C level.

And last but not least : there will be a better V2 body soon !
As soon as that is available and really worth upgrading the M will be converted to IR/UV.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Your wish came true!

EOS M2 - Engadget Japanese

The M2 is announced! They still brought it out in various colors. A pink soap box would be perfect! :D

Stefan Steib

Hi Vivek

yes, that will be a nice addition of features, but I am not so desperate with version 1 ! I am using that little sucker pretty often now, it´s now my always in Car equipment, the 18-55 and the 55-250 EF-S III a small EX270 and all in a bag the size of a ladies opera handbag.

Big Like !

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

hot

M:M2 means M2 = 2x price M :) ... 309€ : 620€

I think if someone has M it is not necessary to buy M2 ... not worldmoving differences.

V

Vivek

Hi Vivek

yes, that will be a nice addition of features, but I am not so desperate with version 1 ! I am using that little sucker pretty often now, it´s now my always in Car equipment, the 18-55 and the 55-250 EF-S III a small EX270 and all in a bag the size of a ladies opera handbag.

Big Like !

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Now, I confirm that you are really a Canon nut. :ROTFL:

asiafish

The under $300 price point is tempting on these. Looks like combined with the 22mm f/2 prime I would have about the same image quality I get from my Leica X2, in a slightly bulkier, but MUCH less expensive package, with added capabilities. I just might sell the X2 to get one of these.

xacomo

Chorlavi-Cuenca-Ecuador

Canon 22mm, f:3.2, 1/40, ISO 100, SIlver Effects BW with sepia tonning, and canon 18-55mm