The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon FD 20-35mm f/3.5 Lens

felix5616

I would like to hear from anyone that has used a canon FD 20-35mm lens.
I would like to know about image quality, especially edge sharpness throughout it entire range. I plan on using it on a sony A7r

Michiel Schierbeek

I bought this lens recently for the A7r.
I like it, it reasonable sharp in the corners from f8 and doesn't have much corner colour problems on the A7r.
It does have a rather complicated mustache like barrel distortion for which i have to find a lens profile. (see second photo)

jaspat3

I have this lens and I use it on a A7r. I find it very useful for static subjects. Quality is
very good. Distorsion is quite well corrected in LR using the EF 17-40mm profile. Edge sharpness is nice (and corner sharpness quite good). CA can also be corrected in LR. You have to close the lens to get sharp results at infinity which is acceptable for landscape. Overall impression is really good.

Some examples (first 6 pictures) can be find there : https://www.flickr.com/photos/guidees/
High iso correspond to hand-held pictures.

There is a test there of several UWA on A7r, including the Canon fd 20-35mm L :
Uwa | Viktor's photo blog