The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

what i really want from canon or nikon in 2014

msadat

very simple, automated AF tune facility built in to the camera. i hate hate spending time tuning camera and lenses.

i don't want more mega pixel, better DR, better AF, fast FPS, nothing just a built in automated process to AF tune lens/camera pair

PLEASE just one thing

pophoto

I have to say, I have had less issue with AF tuning with Canon than I did with Nikon.
Also if you ever send your lenses to Canon, they will tune it (I had my done free). Nikon's problem for me was more to do with their QC, having once purchased three brand new primes (different focal lengths) and all had de-centered element issue which required me to return them all.

It's not a bad thing to ask for, and it will save Canon/Nikon service centers some time, but I also suspect it will give away some of their IP if someone was to crack their software, that's just a guess of course!