The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon: We See Impossible

Godfrey

From Canon: Canon See Impossible

Ok---I first saw this over at Fred Miranda....

It's probably a new point and shoot about to be announced. :ROTFL:

Camera phone?
I am getting a little tired of these "oh my, we've reinvented the camera again you silly slugs. hold your breath and we'll tell you all about it in just blah-blah amount of time!" ad campaigns. They're dumb.

G

Uaiomex

Canon see impossible to keep pace with Sony technology. Tuesday they will issue a class act declaration explaining why. All Canon aps-c anf FF bodies will use exclusively Sony sensors from now on. Canon is also considering using Samsung sensors in the near future.

iiiNelson

It would be funny if they announced a MF system and a line of lenses available at day 1 but the is is Canon so it may be the rumored high megapixel EOS 3D, a new HDSLR, or more than likely a new Digital Rebel T6/T6i...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's a special retro edition of Digital Rebel for the 11 years anniversary of affordable digital SLR photography. It is made from a unique titanium based material that feels like cheap plastic and features a newly developed "fat pixel" sensor with 6 megapixels and with retro digital noise at any ISO above 400 :D

Here's a secret spy shot of the camera:

kdphotography

It's a special retro edition of Digital Rebel for the 11 years anniversary of affordable digital SLR photography. It is made from a unique titanium based material that feels like cheap plastic and features a newly developed "fat pixel" sensor with 6 megapixels and with retro digital noise at any ISO above 400 :D

Here's a secret spy shot of the camera:

Can we get wood grips with that?:D

J

JohnW

I guess I'm a sucker because I'm intrigued. Haven't owned Canon in years, but I look forward to seeing what they think we would want but has been considered impossible til now.

John

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The biggest sensation is the kit lens for the camera with the wooden grip: It's made of wood also obviously, and has a built in flash for extreme low light photography, to compensate for Canon's lacklustre high ISO capabilities:

iiiNelson

In all seriousness I hope Canon delivers something huge to shake the industry up because let's face it. Competition is great for the end user. That being said I fully expect the announcement to fall into the category of "I don't care" or "Canon is continually losing its way." That being said the sky isn't really falling for Canon and the 6D is the dslr I'd own if I were to buy one today.

J

JohnW

My money is on a consumer mirrorless system that has an optical viewfinder.
That could not be considered impossible by any measure. But I would welcome a FF A7 alternative with an optical finder. They've certainly stuck their neck out with that marketing language.

John

dwood

This ad was launched as a double-pager in the NYT, right? Other than the obvious, (we all love camera gear) why do you folks think this might be a new camera? I have zero insight into any of this, but a big spread in the Times might suggest something else. Dunno.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My money is on a consumer mirrorless system that has an optical viewfinder.
Some kind of mirrorless sounds logical, maybe something that gives full functionality to the use of EF lenses without using an adapter. Their, and their customers', investment in lenses is considerable.

Or maybe it's a copier or a 3D printer or a 3D copier or...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Whatever they wanted to show is not only impossible, it's apparently also invisible. Countdown has finished and nothing to see :confused:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It says 00:00:00 for me, but maybe it picks up the time from my computer, which is 11 or 12 hours ahead of NY time :ROTFL: