The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

focus screens for 5DMII

robertwright

anyone have experience with Haoda, Brightscreen, katzeye in canon cameras?

recommendations? lens in use would be zeiss 28f2 if it ever comes out, zeiss 501.4 and canon 85L.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I really liked the Kazeye for my 20D but Rachel only makes screens for the cropped sensor models. She explained to me the 5D's had too much variation in the shims for the screen. She still doesn't.

I don't see where you would need it for the 85L. Mine works just fine with AF and the micro adjustment in the 5DMkII would make it perfect.

robertwright

wanted the screen mainly for the zeiss 28. the canon 28 is not that good.

Agree that the fine focus adjustment is a boon. I am about 90% with the canon 85 depending on how daring I want to be aperture wise. for portraits I don't dip under f2 actually. the cheaper 85 1.8 might be just as good.