The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon issues 'Service Notice' on 5D mirror failures

Diane B

Thank you John!!!! I was about to call Canon and see if this is a 'recall' (not my feeling) or a repair of a damaged camera. Seems to be the latter. Mine is intact--and at some point I expect to have to have my shutter replaced (its 3+ yrs and used quite a lot) and I guess I'm going to have to find out how long they are willing to offer this fix--maybe I can get away with waiting until Summer or Fall--when surely I'll need the shutter replacment.

I don't want to send it before it fails for just the reason you gave--I'll be at the tail end of repairs.

Diane

Professional

Too bad, i had exactly this problem, and i just sent it to a local Canon service center, they charged me about $326 for the repair/fix.