The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Comparisons between 5DMkII and 1DsMkIII

Uaiomex

Lol. lots of lol! I just read my post from March 2009. I bought a 5D2 by August 2009. I've already printed a major show last November and had hundreds of published interior and decoration pictures. The camera has been really good, pretty much glitch-free. For few months I've seen my lcd slowly flicker its brilliancy before stabilizing. This only happens once a while but I know I have a problem. Since buying a 17TS I love more this camera. A 24TS is coming soon.
Eduardo

T

tokengirl

Lol. lots of lol! I just read my post from March 2009. I bought a 5D2 by August 2009. I've already printed a major show last November and had hundreds of published interior and decoration pictures. The camera has been really good, pretty much glitch-free. For few months I've seen my lcd slowly flicker its brilliancy before stabilizing. This only happens once a while but I know I have a problem. Since buying a 17TS I love more this camera. A 24TS is coming soon.
Eduardo
Yeah I remember when this camera first came out and there were people all over the web complaining about how when they would zoom in to 400% they would see this, that and the other. Four hundred freaking percent. What did they expect to see at 400%? Unicorns and fairies?

It's a great camera for most people that have used it. Some people will never be happy with any camera until it craps out golden eggs and farts rainbows though.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I remember when this camera first came out and there were people all over the web complaining about how when they would zoom in to 400% they would see this, that and the other. Four hundred freaking percent. What did they expect to see at 400%? Unicorns and fairies?

It's a great camera for most people that have used it. Some people will never be happy with any camera until it craps out golden eggs and farts rainbows though.
LOL,
No not unicorns. I know of only one magical unicorn but otherwise they just are not there.
Fairies, OTOH, maybe so.

Both the 5DII and the 1DsIII are workhorses. My 1DsIII was my favorite event camera of all time.
I have been infected with the medium format bug these last two years though and I can tell you that I have been completely assimilated.
If I get another assignment to shoot something in a heavy storm you will find me at my local rental shop picking up a 1DsIII.
-bob

Uaiomex

I was infected by DMF lust virus but I'm cure now. The new Canon wide-angles healed me. Last week I sold both my old 24Ts and my 45TS.
So, instead of lusting or morgaging my life for a digital medium format back, I will get the best glass possible for my dslr of the day.
Actually I switched virus. :ROTFL:
Eduardo

LOL,
No not unicorns. I know of only one magical unicorn but otherwise they just are not there.
Fairies, OTOH, maybe so.

Both the 5DII and the 1DsIII are workhorses. My 1DsIII was my favorite event camera of all time.
I have been infected with the medium format bug these last two years though and I can tell you that I have been completely assimilated.
If I get another assignment to shoot something in a heavy storm you will find me at my local rental shop picking up a 1DsIII.
-bob