The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new Canon Rebel T1i

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I own and love already the 450D, the 500D is still better in terms of ISO etc plus has 15MP.

No reason to complain, great job CANON!!!!

P

pix2pixels

I will be getting it just for the video-
I was hoping for the same thing.

But, again in their wisdom, Canon missed the point and the boat again. After the 5d2 debacle with its limited video features, the newcomer has nothing new to offer. No manual control over exposure, only 30fps mode - and who on earth would want to shoot 1080p HD video at 20fps?????

Maybe Canon are privy to a worldwide revolution in a new broadcast standard and video display mode that we don't know yet.
:mad:

I am keeping a close look at Panasonic GH1 and my wallet ready to open when it comes out.

M

medinaphoto1

I was hoping for the same thing.

But, again in their wisdom, Canon missed the point and the boat again. After the 5d2 debacle with its limited video features, the newcomer has nothing new to offer. No manual control over exposure, only 30fps mode - and who on earth would want to shoot 1080p HD video at 20fps?????

Maybe Canon are privy to a worldwide revolution in a new broadcast standard and video display mode that we don't know yet.
:mad:

I am keeping a close look at Panasonic GH1 and my wallet ready to open when it comes out.
I am glad you commented because I know nothing about the video aspects- so even with the 30fps at 780 it still won't be good enough to produce regular video? I just like the idea of tinkering around with it, not making a profession out of it.
Would I be better off with just a regular little HD video camera then?

P

pix2pixels

UK, Europe, Australia are on PAL system: 25fps and 50Hz AC.
20 fps is unusable anywhere!
30>25fps is not so easy to convert and doesn't look too good.