The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro-focus registered with extender?

Next quiz question .....

If you are using a camera that registers the micro-focus adjustment to the specific lens, does the adjustment register differently (from just the lens itself) if you are using the Canon tele-extender II 1.4x? Is the combination of lens and tele-extender 'seen' as a different lens?

thanks,

Mark

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
GOOD question! Not sure it's the same on all, but with my 1Ds3 it's seen as a unique lens. IOW the specific lens reads as "70-200 with 1.4x converter" in the adjustment panel and has a different adjustment than the 70-200 by itself.

Thanks, Jack.

That is exactly what I was hoping for. The lens + extender is too long to use with the LensAlign, so I thought perhaps someone may have some experience. I have some shots to download and I'll look at the metadata to see if it is the same on the 5D mkII.