The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

battle for the axe: big game tomorrow

fultonpics

if anyone is going to the big game tomorrow, will be on the sidelines trying to get some decent shots. should be fun and dress warm. go cal !

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Dress warm Bob??? (You no doubt wrote this yesterday when it was raining :ROTFL:) Today is here, I live about 2 miles South of the stadium and am staring at clear blue skies and bright sun. My advice is layers down to a T-shirt if you are on the sunny side of the stadium, and a sweatshirt or fleece if you are in the shade. Actually, you can probably wear shorts today too :D

Oh, and my money is on Cal, but it should be a very close game --- maybe 3 points. (He now ducks and runs.)

andy

The shade side of the stadium gets pretty brisk, especially after the sun goes down. I'm bringing a bunch of layers and a flask. It's going to be a great day for Stanford football - it's amazing that the Cardinal somehow snuck 1,500 pounds of quality blockers through the admissions office.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Either way Andy, let's hope it goes better than the Harvard-Yale game is going right now...

(Andy and I are on the opposite sides of this one too folks! ;))

fultonpics

will be running around on the field with cameras hanging off me, should keep warm. just hope the ground dries a bit today or its ski pants. having two degrees from cal, i could be biased but will put my editorial hat on and try to be open minded(right!). btw, i love doing these games-i can walk to the stadium from my house. jack, hope your kid is enjoying harvard and you are enjoying the tuition bills!! (been there)

andy

I have no rooting interest in the Harvard-Yale game. I'm pretty sure they both walloped Dartmouth this year (although the Big Green did win a couple of games this season, a marked improvement from last year's dismal campaign.)

I'm looking at the Stanford/Sharks parlay today...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow, Harvard pulled it out in the last few minutes -- totally unexpected!

andy

Great Big Game - sadly, the better team won. And Dartmouth lost to Princeton (which gets me abuse from wife and daughter). At least the Sharks came through...

fultonpics

fun game for cal fans, i totally lost track of the score, but had a great take and managed to get about 60 images up right away. little scary when the cal fans over ran the field, just stepped in a police circle until most of the crazies passed, then went out and started shooting again. certainly cal didn't think they would pull it off.

stanford has the team from south bend coming in next, but not much interest in that game at this point...

next event is sharks/blackhawks on wed.

ivy league football is 'interesting'. my kid roomed with some of the players on columbia's team and they were pretty small dudes. but columbia's football team probably wouldn't do to well in the high school league out here. good sat scores though.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Did you notice the shot of day? CAL quarterback head in hands sitting on the edge of the road with the Harvard fans celebrating in the background. Similar to the famous Y A Tittle image from Giants Stadium. Moment carried the photograph and it was picked up by most of the papers .

woodyspedden

Yea except Y.A. had blood running down his bald head and looked like a warrior returning from battle. What an image that was!

Woody

alicehughes63

Hey there!
I completely lost sight of the soundtrack, but I've had a wonderful take and was able to get around a dozen shots up straight quickly. When the overrun the battlefield, the officers just walked into a protective perimeter until the majority of the nuts had passed, then went out and began firing again. I've didn't believe they could do it, and the squad from Berkeley is coming in next, but there isn't much excitement in that game right now. The tournament is the code shark card gratuit on Wednesday.

Last edited: