The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canyon de Chelly Guides??

RayM

I'll be visiting Canyon de Chelly for a few days later this month and I'd like to do some sight-seeing, touring, and photography. When I search on Google for guides for the park/area, lots of names come up. Anybody out there have a particularly good experience with a guide that you'd recommend?? Thanks, Ray

Scargos2

The Thunderbird Lodge does a tour, twice a day, a full or 1/2 day. I love staying there and you can walk down from the road that runs along the Canyon and taking pictures from the road area is also great. If you like native american, this is the place to stay.
We were there two years ago.
Good Luck, you will enjoy.
Rick

RayM

Don and Ken, I called Tim and used your names as references. He responded with, "Hey, I know those guys! They're really good photographers!" He was available for the tour and I'm booked. So, I'm set. This should be really terrific. Sincerely, guys, thank you. Ray

cs750

My wife will be doing an art workshop in Sedona in October of this year and we are thinking about going early or staying later after the workshop. When you used Tim as a guide, did you spend a night camping or meet up with him early on each morning to head to the Canyon? I need to do more home work before I contact a guide, but reading your posts is a very helpful start. Charles

Don Libby

We used our Jeep for the tours with Tim sitting in the rear seat guiding us as to where to go. You do have a choice of either driving your own 4x4 which is less expensive, or riding along with Tim in one of his jeeps.

We didn't camp out over night electing instead to get an early start from the hotel each morning.

Best bet is to get in touch with Tim.

Don