The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Europe to Us power converter

K

kgior

My daughter is going to Europe in July and I need to get a power/plug adapter for her camera charger but have no idea what is needed. Did a search on the internet with a ton of results but I don't know what I should buy. Some look like straight plug adapters and others have power converters. Is all power in Europe 220/240 requiring a power converter or is 120 available requiring a plug adapter?

Any direction I can get would be great.

Wasn't even sure if this is posted under the best heading. If I should pot this in another section let me know.

Thanks,
Ken

Greg Lockrey

Many power supplies are already 110-220v 50/60hz ac. Look at the power requirements stated on the cover. You would need a plug adapter that you can get in any hardware store in Europe.

K

kgior

Thanks don't know why that didn't occur to me. Just had a looked and it is 120/240 50/60.

Are there multiple styles of house hold outlets there or can i confidently send her with a plug adapter from here?

Ken

Greg Lockrey

Thanks don't know why that didn't occur to me. Just had a looked and it is 120/240 50/60.

Are there multiple styles of house hold outlets there or can i confidently send her with a plug adapter from here?

Ken
They have different sizes in different countries when I lived in Italy back in the 70's. Even Italy had two sizes. Each country was different then but with the EU who knows. My girlfriend from France had a different one yet when she came here last summer. In hotels they may have different outlets to accommodate their guests. Depends where you go.

Lisa

The following website is my "bible" for figuring out what plug adapter(s) I need before each international trip, and it hasn't been wrong yet:
http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm

Many major airports in other countries have a shop where you can buy U.S./local adapters. Large hotels often have one you can borrow or rent, too, or can direct you to a local shop where you can buy one. To be on the safe side, once you know what type you need from the web site above, you can probably order them online ahead of time.

Hope this helps...

Lisa

K

kgior

Ok Lisa that link is great.... exactly what I was looking for.:D

Took a look at your site as well, I'll say you've travel some huh... nice pics.:thumbup:

Thanks a lot,
ken