The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blue Ridge Parkway and surrounding areas

sflxn

I am going to be in and around the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia in October. I would love to hear suggestions on photo ops around there. I'm thinking of doing a good chunk of the VA leg of the parkway and spend about 1.5 weeks there.

BANKER1

The University of Virginia is just off the parkway at Charlottesville, VA. The central "lawn" and the parts of the University built by Thomas Jefferson offer many photographic opportunities. The rotunda is at one end and the amphitheater is at the other end of the "lawn". At dawn before the students begin appearing would offer some interesting light as well as fog which occasionally appears at that time of year.

Greg