The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tsukiji Fish Market

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few blocks south east of Shimbashi station, after three separate occasions of being offered a "special" massage at a good price (I am told) along my walk, I arrived at the Tsukiji Market. Although the market offers fruit and vegetables, it is famous for its Fish Market, the largest in the world.

Ice, a critical commodity at any fish market
View attachment 7558

All sorts of seafood here
View attachment 7559

including some I didn't recognize except from Jim Collum's low tide shots
View attachment 7560

Tuna is very valued here, this is about a $15,000.00 specimen
View attachment 7561

The Tuna auction starts at 5:30am sharp
View attachment 7562
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
After the end of the auction, nearby there are several sushi restaurants offering breakfast at 6:00am.

Many locals take in these sights, besides us tourists.
Here, a cool couple look for some fresh sushi after a tour of the market
View attachment 7578

I went back to my hotel and had some eggs and toast. :toocool:
-bob

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Bob,
I enjoyed the tour. I'm wondering how you could eat after that?:ROTFL:
What equipment were you using for these? My favorites are at the empty station.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Cindy
I think I will be passing on the sashimi for awhile :)
I carried my "light travel asia" kit
M8 21,28 chron,50 lux pre-asph
-bob

charlesphoto

Oh my, you went back to the hotel for eggs and toast!!! You missed the best part of the market which is having the some of the freshest sushi in your life from one of the small restaurants lining the market. And cheap too. By 8:00am there are lines out the door.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
hey you smoke too if you had to smell fish all day. Great stuff Bob . Love this series

See you in a couple days bring some Sushi

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Bob What an interesting series . You might want to try a few of these in B+W..they look like a natural collection of B+W images. Thank you for sharing . Roger