The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley

rem

Hello and happy new year to all! Coming from Switzerland and traveling around from San Francisco down to San Diego. Now we are in Tucson. We leave Tucson on Wednesday the 2. and should arrive in Las Vegas on 4. or 5. january (for 3 or 2 nights). Now we have the idea because the weather is so nice to visit the grand canyon and if possible also the monument valley.
Any ideas where to drive for the ideal route (I hope the streets are open)? Where to sleep? I know, the time is short but for a impression...
We leave Las Vegas on Monday the 7. (because the prices are much higher then before) and will traveling trough the Death Valley to Palm Springs, Los Angeles (we fly back on January the 13.). Would it be nice to have a night in the Valley? Where? I found the Stovepipe Wells Village. Will this the place to be?
Thanks a lot for any ideas, tips! Rem

kdphotography

I didn't like Stove Pipe Wells. I did like Furnace Creek Ranch. The trick here is that you can go to the Furnace Creek Resort Inn for breakfast to warm up (after photographing at sunrise) where you'll find fresh ground French Roast coffee and raw sugar....

:) ken

rem

Thank you Stephengilbert and Ken! I will write you how we made it. This night we are sleeping in the Monument Valley. We arrived a little bit late and we will made the trail tomorrow morning and driving then to Las Vegas. Thanks, Rem ;-)

rem

So, after a wonderfull Trip with a Lot of impressions and tousends of Pictures, yesterday evening was our Car broken up and the hole Hasselblad, Nikon and Mac stuff Stolen. This Happen in a parking in Santa Monica. We are really sad!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
So, after a wonderfull Trip with a Lot of impressions and tousends of Pictures, yesterday evening was our Car broken up and the hole Hasselblad, Nikon and Mac stuff Stolen. This Happen in a parking in Santa Monica. We are really sad!
Oh NO!
I am very sorry to hear that.
What about the images?
-bob

rem

Bob, that's the worst, I have really only the few pics I postet on my Facebook Site. All the nearly 6000 Pics are on the 2 Macbooks... To bad, but I'm looking forward:) lg rem