The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photos from Patagonia posted

Lisa

For anyone who's interested, I posted some photos from my recent trip to Patagonia in my Gallery here on GetDPI.

It's an absolutely stunning place for outdoor scenery, especially mountains and glaciars (and the occasional penguin colony!).

Lisa

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lisa:

Busy Monday here at my office, so I only had time for a quick glance. I'm impressed by what I saw and will be returning for a more relaxed study as soon as time permits --- kudos on the portfolio :thumbs:

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi Lisa,

I enjoyed all the photos in your gallery. I'm planning a winter trip to Yosemite next month and hope to have something to post.

Two of my partners recently came back from Patagonia and loved it there, although it looked pretty cold and windy to me!

Thanks for letting me see your pictures,

steve

woodyspedden

Hi Lisa,

I enjoyed all the photos in your gallery. I'm planning a winter trip to Yosemite next month and hope to have something to post.

Two of my partners recently came back from Patagonia and loved it there, although it looked pretty cold and windy to me!

Thanks for letting me see your pictures,

steve
Quite off thread but every time I see your address I can smell the wonderful garlic as I would go from my home in Half Moon Bay to our resort home in Indian Wells, CA. I would go through Gilroy off the 101 and for 20 miles have the smells in my nostrils. Loved it when I lived there and can't wait to get back. My whole family supports the wonder of it all.

With you in spirit

Woody Spedden

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Quite off thread but every time I see your address I can smell the wonderful garlic as I would go from my home in Half Moon Bay to our resort home in Indian Wells, CA. I would go through Gilroy off the 101 and for 20 miles have the smells in my nostrils. Loved it when I lived there and can't wait to get back. My whole family supports the wonder of it all.

With you in spirit

Woody Spedden
Hi Woody,

I spent a wonderful vacation in Colorado, incl. Durango and in Yellowstone. I feel the need to get back there and add some pictures to my own gallery!

Steve

Lars

Any condors? I saw quite a few near Chalten. Once a young condor landed 30 meters from the trail (of course I only brought he view camera that day so no pics).

Lisa

Hi Lars -
I saw a condors on a number of occasions in both parks, but they were either too far away for good photography or, when they were close (like on the road feasting on road kill, in one case!), I didn't have a camera ready. Impressive birds.

Lisa

P.S. to Steve - Yeah, Patagonia *was* cold and very, very windy! Not a place to go for sunbathing, unless you like severe windburn. But it was well worth it...