The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Greetings from Iceland

helenhill

Just GORGEOUS
all your Shots Terry
You make Iceland seem like a Magical Adventure[/B
I can see why Stuart fell in Love & Moved There....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Terry sorry I missed all this as explained in the Sunset bar but hope you are having fun and enjoying the opportunities around you. Coming home to a 115 of easy bake oven weather one can only dream of not sweating.

D

ddk

We went back out for sunrise. This was taken about 3:45 AM. It is in an area where the glacier is calving off icebergs and the tide takes them out to sea but then the tide also brings them back to shore. My 12mm doesn't take filters and I would love to have had an ND filter to slow things down as the tide was coming in as I would like to eliminate some of the small waves. So, I will have another go at it. This is a spot the 16-35 would have come in handy over the 12-24 (and yes, the powerline will be gone!).

They're all beautiful pictures Terry, you're doing Iceland justice! I'm glad you didn't have ND filters, I like this image just as it is, including the powerline. :thumbs:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Terry, Beautiful shots, particularly that one of Horses. (on page one)
-bob

Guy Mancuso

We will wait to you come home to answer this question but in the final hour of deciding what to bring and what worked and what did not would be very interesting to hear. Start writing your essay. LOL

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
LOVE the iceberg shot!!! (We're gonna be doing some image trading!) :ROTFL:

I can see the power-pole either way...

Stuart Richardson

I missed this all too! They are fantastic! I am glad you are enjoying it and got out to some great places. I recognize a number of them and they are places I always recommend. It seems like Daniel has taken you to some great areas. I look forward to seeing the rest of them!

D

ddk

Amaaaaaazing & beauuuuuutiful scenery, must go there! Love them all Terry....

Where was the last shot taken and what is the red rock?

Diane B

Just great Terry. I have a couple of favorites from those but all really lovely. Can't wait to see more. Beautiful part of the world with its own rather 'other worldliness'

Guy Mancuso

Okay theses are great and i know you most likely ran these threw the computer pretty fast. But as your fearless leader i would love for you to go back and reprocess some of these . I see some REALLY great shots after some elbow grease applied. I know you will agree with me. But the shooting end is there. :salute:

Terry

Amaaaaaazing & beauuuuuutiful scenery, must go there! Love them all Terry....

Where was the last shot taken and what is the red rock?
Thanks! The last one was up in the highlands around Kerlingarfjöll. It is an area with a lot of geothermal activity (which is obviously visible in the shot). I didn't see it at first when shooting but now it just jumps right out at me - the laughing witches face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerlingarfjöll

A bunch of the other shots were around the general area but really in Landmannalaugar which is an unbelievable area.

The mountains are rhyolite.

Terry

Okay theses are great and i know you most likely ran these threw the computer pretty fast. But as your fearless leader i would love for you to go back and reprocess some of these . I see some REALLY great shots after some elbow grease applied. I know you will agree with me. But the shooting end is there. :salute:
Correct, I am still only on my 13" laptop. Won't be back in SF until Sunday so no additional edits until then. Also, a couple are jpegs from the Oly where I don't yet have RAW support - the first shot I had a mere few seconds to capture. The "black" hill was actually a greenish hill but a cloud was just over it for a couple of seconds. Two minutes later and it is a completely different image.

Terry

Thanks Dale, Charlie and Diane. Great trip. So much left to sort through and work on. Will keep me busy for quite a while.

Guy Mancuso

Correct, I am still only on my 13" laptop. Won't be back in SF until Sunday so no additional edits until then. Also, a couple are jpegs from the Oly where I don't yet have RAW support - the first shot I had a mere few seconds to capture. The "black" hill was actually a greenish hill but a cloud was just over it for a couple of seconds. Two minutes later and it is a completely different image.
Seriously Terry in public , You have some serious wall hangers here. I think you have some real potential on the raw processing to make these scream . If you need the help let me know.