A couple of questions raised in my mind from Bob's text alone:
- Is there any conclusion that can be made for lower frequencies?
- Even if there's a difference in the perceived high-frequency noise in favor of the CMOS, is the "measured" noise more or less the same on both technologies or are they also different?
- Are we able to say why(i.e. the causes or reasons) there is a difference between the theory and the practice?
From what Bob's wrote and taking this extract from Dalsa page (beginning of the last paragraph) into consideration ,...
"CCDs and CMOS will remain complementary. The choice continues to depend on the application and the vendor more than the technology.",
Is it fair to say that:
- the presence and/or the strength of the AA filter is probably more important than the choice of CMOSvsCCD.
- having a Kodak sensor vs a Delsa sensor is probably going to make more difference regardless if one is a CCD and the other is a CMOS.
Semantics: According to any of you, when Dalsa refers to "application", does it mean "how it has been applied/implemented" or does it mean "for what(or how or in which context) it is going to be used"?