The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any more forum members get their X100

jonoslack

They're certainly around in the UK - my dealer has had two batches already, but they're expecting a pause before the next batch.

I spent a happy hour with a cup of coffee at Robert White playing with an x100 - it is certainly an object of desire, although possibly not a camera I actually need!

Perhaps the wait will make the pleasure more intense when it arrives!

retow

Got it yesterday:D (iphone shot).
Can someone please send me the link to the gear slut membership application form?

Last edited:
Terry, I've decided to wait and see on this one. Between the GH2 and the K5 I have plenty to keep me busy. I can always make a trip to Precision in Austin to hold one of these guys sometime in the future. No one in Dallas carries them... but they are sexy little things.

Rich M

Terry -

None here in Hawaii. There were rumors that we were getting some "first" because of the local camera store owner's relationship to Fuji.

I don't think I'll be jumping into the fray this go-around since I just picked up a K-5.....but I guess I'll still stay in the queue.

R

Jeffg53

I got mine this week. So far it looks great. It is a delight to hold. It just feels right. I haven't had a chance to really use it yet but initial impressions of image quality are good.

I didn't buy the case. I'm hoping that Artist and Artisan brings one out. The Fuji one looked very ordinary.

jonoslack

Terry -

None here in Hawaii. There were rumors that we were getting some "first" because of the local camera store owner's relationship to Fuji.

I don't think I'll be jumping into the fray this go-around since I just picked up a K-5.....but I guess I'll still stay in the queue.

R
Hi Rich
My situation exactly (staying in the queue). I got the call for one just the other day, but asked to be pushed down the list until next time. Still considering, and also still trying to make the most of the K5.

Good luck with your delivery Terry

all the best

Terry

My delivery arrived. So mark my words now that I open this one up...deliveries in the US will start to flow...

A

Allan Ostling

My delivery arrived. So mark my words now that I open this one up...deliveries in the US will start to flow...
How about some particulars -- where did your X100 arrive from, and on what date was it ordered?

Godfrey

Cool!

Hmm ... I'd love to see it. Are you going to be down this way or available any time soon for lunch or coffee?

Armanius

The expensive way. Bought directly from Yodobashi in Japan. Ordered Wednesday. Arrived Monday in San Francisco.
Darn ... struck with CBA and GAS ...

I just went to the website ... do you read Japanese? Help!!!

Even with the google translator, not everything gets translated ...

Thanks!

Armanius

Thanks for the info Terry.

And you are right, it's not cheap! Almost X1 territory there!

So they did take your American credit card?

Terry

Sorry I haven't posted much....I've only taken about 25 shots since getting the camera. A lot going on at work with a flooded office, our leadership in town for client events, and losing my voice for the last two days.

Here is one from today (through glass). Welcome to San Francisco. Top of the Fairmont Hotel
I should have some time on Sunday to really work wiyh it .

Last edited: