The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any more forum members get their X100

Armanius

@Terry - so jealous ... of the X100 ... and of where you live! My only comforting thought is that I don't have to pay state income taxes.

scho

Sorry I haven't posted much....I've only taken about 25 shots since getting the camera. A lot going on at work with a flooded office, our leadership in town for client events, and losing my voice for the last two days.

Here is one from today (through glass). Welcome to San Francisco. Top of the Fairmont Hotel
I should have some time on Sunday to really work wiyh it .

Terry,

Congrats for the new X100 and very nice first image post. Just read MR's follow up comments concerning moire with the X100. I couldn't see any in your image, but would expect it to be there in those repeating window patterns. Is there any moire evident at 100% view? I didn't realize that Fuji made the X100 without an AA filter. Great if that is true.

Terry

Hi Carl -
The shot looks good a 100%. In reducing it down it does look a little weird around a bunch of the window. I'm also only working of jpegs until I have something other than jpegs to work with.
After this weekend, I'd be happy to post a bunch of full files for people to have a look at.

Godfrey

What I'm interested to hear is how the Fuji X100 compares to the Leica X1 with accessory viewfinder fitted, now that the latter's v2 firmware is out.

I'm not too concerned one way or the other with image quality ... I suspect both do very well on that front. It's the ergonomics and feel in use that are the interesting part to me.

Anyone able to comment on that yet?

Godfry- I have used both the X1 and the X100 (on the same shoot even), but alas without the OVF on the X1. However, I can't in a milllion years imaging it besting the X100's OVF. The thing is just so dang fun to shoot with.

I would be frustrated not having shooting data in the viewfinder on the X1, although I'm sure some enjoy the simplicity of that view...