The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Protect The LCD?

wjlapier

My X100 should be here soon. I was wondering if some of you slapped on some sort of LCD protector? I think Panasonic's LCDs are pretty tough. I have several Pana cameras and no obvious scratch. Is the LCD of the Fuji similar in user's opinions?

Thanx--Bill

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think the glass protector screens are a very inexpensive way to preserve ANY camera. I love the first day of a fresh camera and put a protector on the LCD almost immediately. Why not?

Best of luck with your X100!

Tim

dhsimmonds

I agree with Tim's suggestion. I have them on all of my Sony DSLR's and amazingly they don't seem to scratch or mark at all!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I put the Vikuiti screen protector on mine...perfect fit. There is one out specifically for X100. protectionfilms24.com They are located in Germany, but have very speedy shipping.
As soon as Giottos comes out with a glass protector specifically for X100, I will switch to the glass. Put the glass on once and you are done.

barjohn

The first thing I do is put on a screen protector. Why risk have a $1200 camera marred by a scratched screen. I use the Screen Patronus one. It is $8.50 for a package of three. I had some left over from either the GXR, NEX-5 or G1, not sure which but they were a perfect fit.