The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

oops

MPK2010

Excellent, have fun! Mine arrived a few days ago and I have not had time to post but I must say, so far, bottom line, for all its quirks: WHAT A FUN CAMERA!

You can see around the framelines like an M. Great.
You don't have to worry about what lenses to bring with you.
You don't have to worry about a retracting lens bringing in dust.
You don't have to worry about protecting it -- something about it makes you not care too much.
And, it is smaller and more rugged than you imagine from the pictures.

I have to say I like the look of the X1 files a little more even though the X100 seems to be sharper. And X100 manual focus is abysmal! But if you stick to AF, the fun factor of the X100 carries the day. Great backup/casual camera.

toddbee

Just got mine yesterday. Make sure you get a extreme 45 mb card. Money was almost unusable with a class 6 that I had first. Major speed difference. Great camera so far.

Sapphie

Neither of those deserve to be sacrificial lambs. You must expand your family.
Terry

Yes, well, I really can't justify 3 £1K cameras in 5 months!

Curiously, each day I have 'decided' which one (of K5 and GH2) to sell ... and the following day it is the 'other one'. This morning I had firmly placed the GH2 back in its box (virtually) ... now I am not so sure.

I think I need to make some prints to decide ... my 'G' empire is the largest as I now have G1, GH2, 14-45, 14-140, 20, Oly 4/3 9-18 + my Pentax 43, 28 and 135 and Tamron 90mm macro in PK mount.

It's a no-brainer isn't it?

Except that 43 on the K5 can be sumptuous and a better focal length than on the Gs.

Anyway, I am polluting a Fuji thread. I do apologise. As soon as Jono tells me the X100 is rubbish I can rest easy ...

Lee

woodyspedden

Fifth time unlucky . . . . Park cameras finally got me
should be here on tuesday:eek:
You lucky dog!

I am at the top of my dealers list but nothing yet. So looking forward to getting this beast. It is certainly one of the most innovative cameras of our time.

I am sure that most of the issues will eventually be fixed in firmware but in the meantime enjoy the experience

Woody

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
HI Cindy
I guess my history didn't really make it likely I'd resist.
I've told myself that I MUST put something on ebay before it arrives!

all the best
Of course you must. I'm sure there's an old UV filter or a lens cap for some long gone camera that you can sell. To be on the safe side, sell two items, so that you can buy the all black 50mm version when it's launched. You know you'll need a pair, don't you :ROTFL:

ashwinrao1

As the Borg would say, "Resistance is Futile"....my X100 arrives tomorrow, taking the place of the x1 in my set up. Now I debate whether the D-Lux 5 stays or goes....hmmm

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
The X100 is an awesome camera. The camera made me realize that I'm nuts. I find the menu very intuitive and easy to navigate.
It's a really cool camera and very unobtrusive.
Good luck all youse fine peeps....

Terry

I find the menu very intuitive and easy to navigate.
That really isn't the issue with the camera. The problem are the oddities, like setting an ISO without turing off auto makes it a min shutter speed. ISO not carrying over from mode to mode. Bracketing, burst etc stay selected shot to shot unless you review a shot and that mode cancels. All are simple to find in the menus but the behavior can be perplexing in use.

jonoslack

Well - Hi everyone - and thanks for all the comments
Just for once I'm coming to a camera with some knowledge of the idiosyncracies!

Ashwin - great to know that your will power collapsed at the same time as mine!

Jorgen - would you like to buy some IR cut filters? :ROTFL:

Lee - don't sell the K5!

Woody - surely it'll be there soon

Joe - I'm sorry to be so transparent - I do sometimes have resistance though. . . . still no MF :)