The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

ashwinrao1

Every other camera has one of these at GetDPI. Why not the x100....other forums have amazing images...here are my humble first 2:

Obligatory first self portrait:

I can't wait to do some real photography with this new camera. I am sure many of you have made amazing images already, so let's start a thread of images!

Millsart

Will be looking very forward to hearing your impressions on the camera and seeing some of your always excellent images Ashwin

jonoslack

Stinkers!
I was going to start this one . . . but I don't have a camera yet - hopefully later today . . . . hopefully!
waiting waiting for the citylink man (he's lost in deepest darkest Wymondham).

Great start though - Ashwin I love the first self portrait, and Rich - the red wotsit is excellent.

Are you shooting RAW? I'm considering breaking all my rules and shooting jpg for a while.

all the best

Last edited:

Terry

Yes, what would be even more fun is to see who started each "fun" thread on the forum and to ask the question do they still own the camera now. :D I know that I am guilty more than once !!!!

jonoslack

Yes, what would be even more fun is to see who started each "fun" thread on the forum and to ask the question do they still own the camera now. :D I know that I am guilty more than once !!!!
Yes, you bad girl :poke:, now I'm quite sure that I've never been guilty of any such thing. :ROTFL:

Diane B

I was just sitting here laughing at Terry's post and your name did come to mind LOLOL. Gosh, this camera does look interesting. And--already a couple of interesting images.

Rich M

Are you shooting RAW? I'm considering breaking all my rules and shooting jpg for a while.
Jono....jpeg only......they seem to have a lot of latitude if there is any desire for PP.

I have done little if any PP on any of the images I have shot to date.

R

jonoslack

Ok people, where are the X100 images? :)
I'm afraid I posted some on the 'oops' thread . . . . apologies to those who've seen 'em there - here are a few of them.

Here are some first samples

Second Shot: (first shot had camera shake :cry:)

Here are some more from later (no time to change settings with an uncharged battery!)

All the best

ashwinrao1

Jono, those are FANTASTIC, especially your dog and the macro shots. I can't wait to get out into the sun and use mine today!!!! Already adorned with the A&A red silk neck strap and Match Technical Bug soft release!

jonoslack

Jono, those are FANTASTIC, especially your dog and the macro shots. I can't wait to get out into the sun and use mine today!!!! Already adorned with the A&A red silk neck strap and Match Technical Bug soft release!
Ahhh! camera adornment eh! Mine has a simple leicatime wrist strap, but that's it - no case, no bug, and no lens hood!

Thanks for the kind words - I hadn't a clue what I was doing, and I assumed that I was on the old firmware (but apparently not). Then I thought it was dead (put the battery in back to front :banghead:). Startup seems a bit slow, but it takes a picture when you press the shutter, and the jpg files seem to be fine.

Important to remember that when you zoom in to 100%, that's a big part of the picture, 12mp ain't 16, and it certainly isn't 18 with no AA filter!

Still, it gets a cautionary thumbs up from me.

First day with the Fuji X100 at Cinco de Mayo.
Pretty much OOC jpgs.
Nice low light capability, but focusing a bit slow.
All iso 3200 except last one at 2500.

Hi Joe
These look fine (last one especially)
how was it in all that rain?
Thanks Jono.
No problem in the rain.
Just stayed under a cover or put the camera in my cargo shorts pocket.
Last shot in a club (trying to stay dry).
First time I have shot without a camera bag in years!