The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

ashwinrao1

Hi Joe,
I normally shoot in RAW, and convert after the fact, but in this case, I believe the images were modified JPEG's...one of the things I have to adjust to with the camera....

Best,
Ashwin

Godfrey

Stinkers!
I was going to start this one . . . but I don't have a camera yet - hopefully later today . . . . hopefully!
waiting waiting for the citylink man (he's lost in deepest darkest Wymondham).

Great start though - Ashwin I love the first self portrait, and Rich - the red wotsit is excellent.

Are you shooting RAW? I'm considering breaking all my rules and shooting jpg for a while.

all the best
Here I thought you were holding back on the X100, Jono

jonoslack

Here I thought you were holding back on the X100, Jono
HI Godfrey - holding off altogether was what I was doing, but I got rung up by park cameras one too many times :eek:

Armando - good luck with yours.

Retow, Rich, Ashwin, Streetshooter - great shots all - I particularly like your colourful flowers Ashwin.

Here are a couple I took before work this morning:

All shot jpg - pp in aperture:

all the best

Godfrey

:) Yep, the buy button binging does seem to be catchy...

I'd likely have been happy with the X100 or X1 as well as the GXR, but I'm glad I went the way I did. All very competent cameras!

jsnack

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but can this thread be devoid of flower and pet pictures? The ones posted already are fine, but let's see more shots from the streets and from travel destinations.

Again, to those that posted flowers, I mean no offense.

Sapphie

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but can this thread be devoid of flower and pet pictures? The ones posted already are fine, but let's see more shots from the streets and from travel destinations.

It's the auto mode on these cameras; they don't take pictures of reality, they actually create the flowers and pets via the digital processing algorithms. I thought that was why we had 'pet' and 'macro' scene modes?

Lee

Godfrey

LOL

ashwinrao1

Joe, that last shot is amazing...the whole set crackles with energy. Hearing the music as I see that.

Jono, my gosh, great flower field shot with the church in the background...what an amazing place that you live in...I am envious....

dhsimmonds

Having bought my X100 late yesterday and the lenshood/adaptor in Southampton today, I thought that I would use up a few hours testing it around the old historic parts of the City......those very few historic bits to survive WW2.

The lighting was very flat and dull but I hope it will show a bit of Southampton's rich history as a major seafaring port.
1. The historic Bargate
2. On top of the City Walls (goes back to 12th Century)
3. Plaque of remembrance to firefifghter citizens in the early 19th Century
4. Plaque the contribution of the Merchant Navy in the Falklands conflict, 20th Century
5. The Tudor Hall now a museum, circa 16th Century
6.The Red Lion Pub... the most famous pub in Southampton where King Henry stayed on his way to the Battle of Agincourt, 12th Century
7.Wetsgate through which the original Pilgrims embarked the Mayflower en-route to settle the new lands of the America's

Oh, I nearly forgot...I took both Raw and JPEG fine......and used only the standard JPEG's, they are that accurate. Yep, I really like this camera and using my legs instead of a zoom lens!

Last edited: