The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

dhsimmonds

A few more from my garden when I arrived back home. This time with the macro setting.
1. Clematis
2. Last of our Rhododendrons.

Once again just using the standard JPEG as there was no need to convert the RAW images.

The Dynamic Range is excellent and the more I use it the more I like it!!

Last edited:

woodyspedden

I'm afraid I posted some on the 'oops' thread . . . . apologies to those who've seen 'em there - here are a few of them.

Here are some first samples

Second Shot: (first shot had camera shake :cry:)

Here are some more from later (no time to change settings with an uncharged battery!)

All the best
Jono

Your images are living proof that it is the archer and not the arrow that "hits the targets."

No matter whether you are using the K5, M9, or now, the X100, your results are wonderful and very consistent. Congratulations on being such a great photographer.

Woody

jonoslack

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but can this thread be devoid of flower and pet pictures? The ones posted already are fine, but let's see more shots from the streets and from travel destinations.

Again, to those that posted flowers, I mean no offense.
Oops - sorry. Writes me off I'm afraid - no more travel until September, and there's no street around here! :eek:

jonoslack

Terry, Godfrey, Woody, Monza, Aswin - thanks for the kind words - I'm not sure what the flowers by the church are - Emma thinks they're either linseed or flax - whatever - pretty, on my drive to work.

Joe - the street party shots are really fab - like others I like the two girls and the guy best, but there are lots of great shots.

Dave, the Southampton shots are great, and I love the Clematis.

Interesting what you say about jpgs - I've been doing some comparison, and there's really little point to shooting raw unless you're worried about the exposure - so maybe the RAW button isn't so pointless after all!.

It's the auto mode on these cameras; they don't take pictures of reality, they actually create the flowers and pets via the digital processing algorithms. I thought that was why we had 'pet' and 'macro' scene modes?

Lee
:ROTFL:

Leitztozeiss - love the bar room scene at Flagstaff - excellent shot. and not a flower or a pet in sight!

All the best
Jono

m3photo

Drawing

I haven't seen Sean Reid's take of this camera but by what I can see here - mainly the black and white work by 'streetshooter' and 'smoking camera' - I'm sure he would say "it draws well". That lens is excellent.

By the way 'streetshooter'; is it your ideal street-shooter?

jonoslack

Hmmm - no pets of flowers:

Opposite directions:

A late night glass of Sauvignon sitting outside the sauna: